Festive Store Trade-in ability

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
SpaceBucks

Festive Store Trade-in ability

Post by SpaceBucks »

I was wondering if folks thought it would be a good idea if players had the ability to trade in items to Festive Store for Festive Points.
One could get rid of CES items, refineries, Mega Malls, harvesters and high-end drones & implants for festive points that could be used for more useful festive goods and items.
It would allow folks to clean out their ship's stores of gear that they no longer have a use for any longer and then get gear that they can currently use.
Any thoughts?
Mechwarrior

Re: Festive Store Trade-in ability

Post by Mechwarrior »

Wonderful idea. I have items I have never touched (awards from events) as my interest just doesnt go that way. Wouls love to be able to trade them in and reuse the points for where I want to be ingame

great idea!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

This 'COULD' be done but due to a few issues, it would need to be a new specific page on the Festive Store. The filtering of currently available items won't work with existing CES items as the filters are exact opposites so I cant populate that list (with ease) with a mix of items.

But if players want to post on this thread what they'd like to see 'festive recyclable' and also some SENSIBLE % returns I will give this my attention.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
SpaceBucks

Post by SpaceBucks »

Well this required some thought.

First and foremost, CES items/devices like mall stores, factories, extractors, harvesters, and refineries should get a decent return for their equivalent festive points. I think 80% (.80) is a fair amount.
This way, if someone makes a mistake and clicks the wrong item in the festive store, they can just recycle and get the one they wanted at only a small loss rather than one or two huge losses.

Other festive items would get a lower trade-in value, say 60%.

Then as we move to other recycling items, the percentage value would drop.
So:
BIMs would get 100 festive points per "T-value,"
Empty shells would get 1000 per "T-value,"
Filled shells could get 1200 per "T-value."
and perhaps one could get recycled festive points from the Halloween and Christmas festive gifts that are collected via holiday promotions,
not to mention the "RP" units that are available for on-going collections -- this would be an arbitrary value set by Coops depending on each season's valuation.

Any thoughts or concerns?
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Thank you for taking the time to pad this idea out...

Thoughts and comments on this folks... CE id your game so your feedback is required :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
The Wolf
CE Staff (Senior)
CE Staff (Senior)

Post by The Wolf »

It would be nice to trade in some of those CES extractors that I have and get some festive points out of it to buy something else from it.

I'm not sure if you should be able to trade in much more than CES and festive items. If you are able to hand in everything that you can collect, festive points will lose their value...
Owner and creator of the Core-Exile fan site Project Eagle

My Settlements:
  • Triskelion (Located in Ferra, the Sphere)
  • Lighthouse (Located in Dashan, Furnace)
Starbase:
  • Starbase Archon-2 (TT) (Located in Cole, Furnace)