Request for BOB and his trained skunks, mining and salvage?

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Request for BOB and his trained skunks, mining and salvage?

Post by Akkamaddi »

So.

I'm finding some of Bob's items. Some of them are really nice. Some are interesting. I've found a couple VP style reactors (low output, but really low skill requirements), and the weapon I've covered in crystal glitter actually does overcharge attacks. I've also seen a Satan passenger cabin in the Emporium.

Could, perhaps, maybe, one day, we see mining lasers and salvage weapons that have been put through the skunk works? Mining lasers that don't take quite as much power would be really valuable, and I would love to see boosted salvage weapons.

Just a thought. Thank you.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Request for BOB and his trained skunks, mining and salvage?

Post by Coops »

Hi there @akkammaddi - The mining lasers were part of the pass this time around and I'm sure they will appear over time. Thousands of new items were added within the first few days of the Bob's being reactivated.

Sadly at this time, I can't let the Bob's free to play with Salvage lasers. These are dealt with differently in the code and mean that each one has its own code sequences. I need to rewrite the Salvage systems for these to able to be added to the Bob 'Allow Pile'.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Re: Request for BOB and his trained skunks, mining and salvage?

Post by Akkamaddi »

Which I'm sure is not worth the effort given your current queue of work. I understand. :-)

I am looking forward to seeing, or better yet using, one of the Skunk'd mining lasers.