Possible idea, Christmas Resource Token for Patreon?

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Possible idea, Christmas Resource Token for Patreon?

Post by Akkamaddi »

Hello,

So, I don't know if this is a good idea, or desired, or more importantly possible based on Patreon's record keeping, but...

I know Patreon is valuable because it tends to be a more stable regular income, while the shop can vary greatly. I have to say up front, I'm a happy $5 supporter, and would recommend it to anyone considering it.

The Christmas Resource Tokens (CRT's) are a very valuable reward, and perhaps could draw in a few more patrons? The question is, does Patreon keep historical records? If not, would it be a huge issue to keep a spreadsheet going forward? Or does the data not lend itself to that?

I think an annual Christmas Gift for Patreon support might entice a few more:
  • If you contribute via Patreon a total of $10 over the calendar year, you get 1 CRT.
  • If you contribute via Patreon a total of $50 over the calendar year, you get 1 CRT.
  • If you contribute via Patreon a total of $100 over the calendar year, you get 1 CRT.
Even the one CRT would be a good reward/draw for the $1 support tier, as that can buy a nice pile of Cure All. Meanwhile the top tier of supporters would get a surprise visit from Rexx-a Clause to be showered with Holiday Cheer.

It's just an idea. It seems comparable to using CRT's as a reward for shop purchases. I'm not sure if the volume would destabilize prices, and I don't know if the value effects of CRT's extend more than a few months.

Thank you for your time.