Wrecks

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Wrecks

Post by Akkamaddi »

Hello.

Coops, thank you for that link to the extant wrecks. This is the third time you've posted it I'm aware of over the years. I have it bookmarked, but I keep forgetting it exists. Now it's right there, and I've already used it to find a nice pile of well-aged wrecks in Iribis.

Is there any chance that in the future the age of the wreck could be added to the wreck table? If you are trying to clear an area, it makes sense to focus on the oldest. Also, I'm hesitant to step on brand new wrecks, in case the combatant wants to salvage them. Anything over 24 hours old I consider fair game.

Also, a small idea:
(Note, I know there may be some irregularity of the math that makes this impossible.)

Hyperopian Wreck Scanner Assembly POD
(Single fit, no chain)
Hyperopian POD mk1 : +2 scan time, +1 hit, 6 HOUR LOCKOUT, 1 pod point, Captain level 30
Hyperopian POD mk2 : +3 scan time, +1 hit, 12 HOUR LOCKOUT, 1 pod point, Captain level 35
Hyperopian POD mk3 : +4 scan time, +1 hit, 18 HOUR LOCKOUT, 2 pod point, Captain level 40
Hyperopian POD mk4 : +5 scan time, +1 hit, 24 HOUR LOCKOUT, 2 pod point, Captain level 45

The Hyperopian Scanner POD enhances wreck scanners, standard and alien, boosting their output. It has the more significant function of filtering out nearby signals, drawing out signals that are further form the space lanes. The lockout time of each pod is the threshold at which hits are dropped. The captain's ship scanners will not return hits that are less old than the lockout time. This allows captains with advanced scanners and Wreck Extenders to focus their attention on older wrecks. The signal boosting is fully complaint with Wide Spectrum Scanners, personal and guild locks, etc.

Thank you for your time.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Wrecks

Post by Coops »

I have tried a format that replaced the date with 'how old' in days, hours, minutes etc and while it works for most it seems for some weird reason to generate some false positives and in the middle of X through Z timescales it adds random ones like 22 seconds ago etc. So for now removed that functionality till I figure out why.

I have removed the Month from the listing as we don't need that but the list by default displays newest to oldest if you want it reversed simply hit the title 'Killed when' although I suspect most players will sort by system.

I could have it default sort to System, and then by kill date?

Also, I have added - WHO killed them and If the wreck is locked. Save you going all the way to XYZ system to find all the wrecks are locked to a player or Guild.

As for the Scanners above - Comments, please... (from your fellow players)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Re: Wrecks

Post by Akkamaddi »

Coops wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:44 am I have tried a format that replaced the date with 'how old' in days, hours, minutes etc and while it works for most it seems for some weird reason to generate some false positives and in the middle of X through Z timescales it adds random ones like 22 seconds ago etc. So for now removed that functionality till I figure out why.
I don't know if this is possible because I've never had to do this myself, but:

Could the date/age be represented as an hour number with a decimal? Instead of 8H32M50S, could it just use some simple rounding and be 8.55H? Since the scanners measure in hours, it would be easiest if the age is reported in hours. The age my only need a single decimal point.

If that is possible and reasonable, would it help with the false positives?