V.I.P Combat Perks

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

V.I.P Combat Perks

Post by Holiday »

I've been thinking for a little bit now about some specific combat V.I.P perks. There's a few of them I have which I'll drop below. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sharpshooter:
This would reduced the chance of a missed shot in combat. Not making it a 0% chance of course, but just making it more likely you'll land a hit.

Non VP overcharge:
After a certain level the VP weapons become too small to use. In upgrading you lose the ability for the overcharge shot. I know it could be unbalanced if it was a triple damage shot so maybe a chance of a double powered shot instead. This would only work on non VP weapons.

Combat loot boost:
I know we already have the combat loot maximizer pods which I use, but what about another small boost as a V.I.P upgrade. Something that is in the 30 point cost range but which boosts each window by +5 max loot.

V.I.P Midas pods for larger repair drones:
For awhile now we've only had omega 4 repair drones. These heal 4200 armour and hull each. With PM ships that 4200 is quite a bit under the max armour and hull now. They use to be more than big enough, but now they are a bit lacking. How about some VIP Midas pods that make omega drone 5, 6, 7, 8, and maybe even onward. Repair drones that heal 5200, 6200, 7200, and 8200 armour and hull.
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Re: V.I.P Combat Perks

Post by Darakhoranon »

VIP Midas:
I don't think there really is enough need for multiple "Advanced Midas Pods". And with the Omega Drones being essentially free (i.e. you just plug in the pod when you know you're not going to be using fuel for a while), having to use 2-3 drones for a full repair isn't much of a problem, is it? Still, one "VIP Midas Pod" that is maybe 1,5x stronger than the Midas 4 might be worthwhile for the VIP combat enthusiasts.

VIP loot boost:
A small (additional? i.e. would stack with maximiser pod) boost to combat loot might be just about perfect. Just a minor boost, so not a "must have" to be efficient, but (over time) noticeable enough to be interesting to VIPs.

VIP overcharge:
Since the overcharge is tied to specific weapons, it might be too complicated to add it to (alll?) others (and only if you are a VIP and got this upgrade). So maybe a new VIP pod that has a certain chance to double weapon damage as you suggested?

Sharpshooter:
Makes sense, right now there is no way to improve your accuracy, is there? Then again, it might be too powerful if it was a "VIP exclusive" upgrade (and increased your to hit rate noticeably). Maybe a pod/system/special that increased your to hit rate instead? That way, you'd still get the increase but would have to "sacrifice" a pod/system/special slot for it.
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
pikolinianita

Re: V.I.P Combat Perks

Post by pikolinianita »

OMAP POD = One more action point POD

Auto repair option = even dumb, like "use worst Omega drone unless fully repaired" or perhaps something more sophisticated for shields "use best EBK if it is not overkill, then try one smaller, if it is smallest - use it anyway).