Settlement Missions

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Settlement Missions

Post by Elkhorn »

Similar to courier missions settlement missions would be from settlement only NPCs (Settlement owner would have to "hire" the NPC as with any other commercial contract).
Missions would be exclusively Settlement to Settlement missions.
Deliver (random number, random resource) to (random settlement) within (random hours).
XP and credits based on distance/amount similar to current courier missions. (Question: Could this count toward courier faction points?).
Receiving settlement would receive the resources into their commercial store or pick-up point.
Things to consider: would Captain receive notification? X amount of XYZ has been added to your commercial store?
Or XYZ resource has been added to your collection point at XYZ settlement?
Only participating captains (NPC for S to S trade) are eligible).

Elkhorn
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Mark3430
CE Official Supporter

Re: Settlement Missions

Post by Mark3430 »

I like this idea, I don't know how hard it would be to implement but if it pulls from just the setts that have contracted an NPC it should be somewhat easier to deal with settlement wrapups, etc. Depositing into commercial store would be easiest in opinion and maybe adding the numbers and type to a log area dedicated to the NPCs similar to the Wesbec/Ashar logs. I have no idea how much the contract should cost or last, probably should be around GBM contract price and length but can also be argued to be around the Wesbec/Ashar contracts. Or it could be made into a building similar to Union but that brings it's own issues as well.
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

I like the idea of an Ashar/Wesbec system, with widely varying cargo sizes (20-100). To make it a little different, put a timer on it:
Settlement Freight (24h), standard payment
Express Freight (8h), +50% payment
St. Expidite Courier (2h), +100% payment and a slice of pound cake

The extra incentive could be that each mission has a 1%/2%/3% for each:
Original settlement: "Uh-oh, they left a crate behind...."
Shipper: "It looks like another crate got mixed in and no one claimed it. Just keep it to save us the paperwork."
Destination settlement: "Was an extra crate left behind? We just thought it was more of the crap you order when you've had too many commercial brews and go online..."
And one of Jimmy's random crates is produced. Everyone benefits, so there is no incentive to only ship from your settlement. The tighter time limit has a higher chance of producing a crate.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

I like the idea. Dragon was asking about special NPC's for settlements and this would fit the bill.

Perhaps allow for a selective range of NPC's who deal in different types of Resources / Commodities. After all, with over 650 of them, that's a wide range of missions for one NPC type to range from.

I'd like to see these NPC's help both new and old players so perhaps their mission offerings would be loosely based around level.

Players would be offered missions (like Ashar / Wesbec) and perhaps limit it to Settlements that have 100% morale and open docking as destinations. Would solve any 'Oh this settlement is locked docking'.

No reason why each mission cant be faction based and add to Courier Faction.

I'll let it run a little more before approaching the whiteboard.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

Coops wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:44 am Players would be offered missions (like Ashar / Wesbec) and perhaps limit it to Settlements that have 100% morale and open docking as destinations.
Coops
I only have a moment right now, but a two things:

Please don't make it 100% morale. A random event could lock out your colony for a few days. This could cause big issues if I pick up a quest for Dragon's Weyr, and before I get there a random event knocks the morale down to 98% and the NPC is locked. I don't think the Morale lock should be above 95%, and think 90% is reasonable.

Second, make the NPC's faction specific, but universal targets. This prevents the three Courier or five Union players from becoming their own isolated ring.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

The first one is only for Mission Destination 'Generation' IE the set target has to be AT 100% when the mission was generated.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

Stop by over here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2814
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!