Update to Salvage

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Update to Salvage

Post by Elkhorn »

First of all, if I am missing something, please let me know
It doesn't appear there have been any upgrades to the salvage scanners since their roll-out. We have the Argo scanners, the scan limit expanders and the Wide System scanners.
I see a lot of wrecks in the Wrecks page that are not accessible due to the time that has passed since they were killed.
IF I forgo the system wide scanner and fit argo 4, 3, and 2 the max I can see is 18 hours. with the T-2 I can see 8 hours.
Any plans for a new, advanced line of scanners that allow for more time?
Elkhorn
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
5hortpants
CE Official Supporter

Re: Update to Salvage

Post by 5hortpants »

Hey Elkhorn!

Have you considered a Wreck Extender Special? It looks like you could add up to 84 more hours to your scan that way.

If you want, I'll drop you one. Just let me know where you're at and your captain level, and I'll get you the hook up.
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

hey Shortpants,
Just read this..I really need to check the forums daily. Anyway I didn't know a WES existed!
Is it player crafted?
Anyway, drop anywhere in Sphere would be fine. Just make level 125.
Elkhorn
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Wreck Extender S5

Due to some of the recent relaxations in Salvage laws, Sullivan's Salvage has managed to get a series of Wreck Extenders past the stringent Health & Safety and U.C.C policymakers.

This range of extenders, Seven in all, allow for an extension of wreck scans. Beacons are automatically scanned for extended periods rated by the captain's equipment. These extenders simply increase that range dramatically.

You should be aware you can only fit and operate one of these extenders at a time. They will, however, integrate with any other system wreck scanners you may have fitted.

Captain Level 65 / Wreck Timer Extension + 60 Hours
The example above ^ Player Made and also Available in store.

Also, keep your eye open this coming Festive Christmas for the Christmas Exchange and the items within.

One in specific 'Christmas Wreck Extender +6 Hours'

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Thomas101

Post by Thomas101 »

I think It is a great idea