Guild Ownership

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Elkhorn
Retired Staff

Re: Guild Ownership

Post by Elkhorn » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:35 pm

Dragon,
sometimes real life take the owner away from the guild. We aren't talking hostile takeovers here. Just what if my guild leader disappears without leaving a replacement.
Elk

Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!

Darakhoranon

Re: Guild Ownership

Post by Darakhoranon » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Dragon, I think you're overlooking that "guild" doesn't mean "private kingdom", at least here in CE. ;-) A guild lives by its active members. ALL of them. The leader is just the player who happens to be registered as such.

Coming up with a way to replace an absent/inactive leader makes sense in my eyes, even if the number of things you can actually do as a guild can be counted on one hand (and I'd question if you'd need all your fingers...). Still, with guild-owned/run SBs slowly taking shape, it might really be worthwhile to ensure that those guilds who have pooled resources for that can continue even if Real Life (TM) messes things up.
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.