Guild Ownership

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Coops
Site Admin

Guild Ownership

Post by Coops »

I'm after some suggestions on how players might like to solve the issue of when a Guild Owner goes absent or simply stops playing.

Currently, I run a manual process whereby when a guild leader has been absent for 90 days I require a PM from each officer stating who they want to promote as owner. This stops a single player simply asking to 'become the owner' and requires a consensus.

Of course, the fix has its own issue if the officers are also absent :)

So I'm looking for a method that YOU think might work or be most 'simple' to enact/code up.

Post away...

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Geistware

Re: Guild Ownership

Post by Geistware »

I would recommend a voting post, sent form the guild AI to all members, to vote on the officer to be guild leader. There must be a quorum of 67% of active members (on in last 90 days) and 51% of the vote for the lead candidate. If both milestones are not reached, then the existing (absent) leader is still in charge.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

When we want to bring the guild into a more active position - the voting could work. Today i expect whatever goes out via Guild Mail is dropped by 80% as SPAM, so with 51 member like we, and possible 10-15 falling in the 90 days rule, here are now from 9 officers including GL 5 in the 90 days rule, 3 when limiting it to 7 days.

So how long the vote runs?
Are send out reminders like, hey pilot, please vote?
How easy is the voting?

And much much more - until guilds do not change the leader has only more work - so also what power to give them beside of promoting guild members?
Wit this auto voting we could easy get a line of votes, even i cannot say how active i will be the next two days/weeks/months/years.

We with 3 somehow active officers have applications pending for 4++ days ... so also here is something - why to go to the office regular?
Geistware

Post by Geistware »

Those questions have been around since the guild was founded. There was a way to check for new members. Don't remember how but that is what a few leaders did in the beginning, just farm new members.

Sukayo, you bring up a good point on who the leader should be and what qualifies as a quorum. The vote would run for one calendar month. No reason that someone would not log in once a month as an officer. Guilds joining should be application, invite, close or open. That would eliminate the need to go to the guild office to accept an app.
Dagon Hammersmith

Post by Dagon Hammersmith »

As a Guild Leader, I don't always go to Jerry Outpost to check in to see if anybody is applying. I figure that if somebody wants to join they can PM me. I tried recruiting but found it to much work for a very little interest from non-guild captains, so I figure that if they want to join they can PM me.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

recruiting is some other topic, but connected to the power a guild has ... we have here guilds which tried a mission like system, and other things.

Back to the Guild Leader gone missing and how to select a new one.

Voting - 1st circle of candidates are officers which where logged in the last 1/2/4 weeks
To give active guild members a better voice - lets have them the chance to candidate for the vote also when opening this candidate latest 3 days after the call to vote.
- after 5 days the vote starts and runs for 3 weeks, 1 day to count - and lets be democratic, most votes is the winner, no absolute majority needed.
In the case we have more than one with the same sum of votes, make a pseudo random draw.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

/me watches and reads intently....
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Geistware

Post by Geistware »

Instead of last logged in, why not have time played by officers as an indication of candidate worthiness. Do we want a leader who logs in once a month for 5 minutes just to keep there spot or someone who plays a couple of hours a week as our leader? For me, I would prefer an officer who played to someone who is a figurehead or popular.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

lol, so demanding. Let´s add, he needs to visit the guild office regular and check all incoming posts and events once per day.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

I think it sad that you would try to take a guild away from the owner...if it is so bad why not talk to the owner (leader, whatever), and if you get no satisfaction and can not resolve what your complaint is, just join another guild?