Mining Barge ability idea: Beckoning Portal

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Mining Barge ability idea: Beckoning Portal

Post by Akkamaddi »

Active skill with an 24 hour "cool down" for use, and 72 hour cool down to unequip.

The player's ship must have an NEI equipped. In short, the player can then "summon" the mining barge to the ship's current location. Fuel is still used, but the barge gets half the NEI fuel bonus. (Incentive for CES NEI.) The player cannot use Beckoning Portal without an NEI equipped.

The mining barge cannot be called by gateway again for 24 hours, but can move normally.

Also, the equipment requires 72 hours to safely discharge, and so the skill cannot be removed until 72 hours pass from the last gateway jump.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Mining Barge ability idea: Beckoning Portal

Post by Coops »

Hmmmm, thoughts.... ?
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Not sure why this would be needed?
It just seems like a way to circumvent investing points into the navigation skill. I've got 1000 points in navigation
which gives a jump range of 600, I can get almost anywhere in at most three jumps. Why would I need or use this?
Honestly, 1K points is *nothing*, compared to the 40K+ points I've got invested in other skills (at Lvl 12).
Plus: currently you can only move from asteroid field/system to another. Beckoning your barge to some random location
means you still have to manuever normally to get to a field anyway.
king david
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by king david »

If u get closer to 2.5k you can almost 1 hop anywhere.