Research Academy Boosts

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Gorkus

Research Academy Boosts

Post by Gorkus »

Apparently, there exists some code to add a boost to RA projects, but that code was never activated. What do you people think? Would it be a good idea to have a bonus to out RA projects? I would love to see this.
ReformeD

Re: Research Academy Boosts

Post by ReformeD »

A little bit depending on what the content exactly would be, but I love the idea of upgrading / customizing items further.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

If the code is ready, why not allow it into the game. We have seen many changes over a short period of time and all have been better for the game. You have my vote
hot100

Post by hot100 »

As is, i totally refuse to do any "research" at all after my initial "experiments" and experiences with it ... the absolute random nature of a) what dimension is improved and b) amount of improvement combined with c) researched item is no longer tradeable ... makes it a total waste to me. "Boosts" to research will not change anything for me. I am totally loathe to first spend millions of credits on some nice weapon, expander or to get some nice and very rare piece of loot gear ... and then putting it into 100% randomized "research" process ... only to get it back "improved" in an irrelevant dimension" and "non-tradeable". :roll:

Generally - for anything in CE - I do not like "random events" [except maybe for some fun factor in festive events etc.] and i greatly prefer "plannable actions" where I as player am in control and can determine or at least outcome of my actions.

Specific to research i want to select with certainty! ... a) which dimension is improved and b) by how much. Of course I would expect bigger improvements demanding greater "input" as well. More crystals, more points, more credits, more whatever. And/or greater "time delays" ...seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks ... until project finishes [in line with current implementation] - as required to keep game balanced.

If such a researched item then becomes un-tradeable i would see that as "logical" [since it is customized to my wishes] and acceptable. I would however prefer if researched items would at least remain sub-mol-able - and even better if they were "recyclable". Hate being stuck forever with "debris" of experiments gone wrong.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

hot100 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:16 am Hate being stuck forever with "debris" of experiments gone wrong.
You can sell it back to research academy, for 1/3 points back, IIrc
hot100

Post by hot100 »

thx piko, you are right - forgot about that possibility.

However, my opinion is not changed. :-)

On a side note: I'd prefer more alternative uses for crystals (other than for research points) ... for example ... i would love being able to hand grey crystals in for corporate EBKs ... cant get my hands on any [genesis no attractive option, no good plots left atm]
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

hot100 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:32 pm [genesis no attractive option, no good plots left atm]
Don't forget Genesis Planets are created ALL the time with player participation. Each time one is created another project take sits place there are currently Six projects open. As these complete, a planet is formed and you have NEW plots. That's not to say that you should NOT create a genesis deployment just because you don't have the top slot. That's just short-sighted, all slots can be equalised simply with some work, having a good plot simply makes sit slightly easier at the beginning.

Vorontsovo
Starbase-63
Moira
Themisto
Mindy
Gruber Station

Sorry to hijack the thread but comment like the last one can have a confusing and negative effect without being meant too.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
hot100

Post by hot100 »

ok, fair enough. will look into Genesis again when i've leveled up a bit further.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

hot100 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:58 am ok, fair enough. will look into Genesis again when i've leveled up a bit further.
Thats excellent idea, as There is one Genesis planet in exploration, in Danar I think. If you grab ECO and Seraphim Podyou can have nice plots in two-three months.