Winter Olympic Events ?

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Coops
Site Admin

Winter Olympic Events ?

Post by Coops »

Hi there folks, well it’s ALREADY nearly that time again when we start to warm up the Olympic Events systems here at Core-Exiles. So it thought I would take the time to ASK if there was any great ideas floating around the community that we might take on for you this time round.

Of course as this is a fairly rare event I’d rather not spend from now till then coding a one time event, but I’m happy to add some extra coding and extra items etc if we feel that a specific idea has merit.

So open your digital minds and jot down any ideas you might have for Olympic Winter festive Fun :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Gorkus

Re: Winter Olympic Events ?

Post by Gorkus »

You could have a range of short-timed events...
most AI/Alien/VP ships killed in an hour
most Ashar/Wesbec/Union haulage per ship capacity in an hour
most FOM mission ore found in an hour
most RAID victories in an hour
most Mech wins in an hour
most planet exploration (SED) in an hour
most wreck salvage per capacity in an hour
etc...

Then hand out medals for the top 3 (or more?) victors:Gold,Silver,Bronze, Copper, Iron, etc...
Then have a medal count at the end for some kind of larger prize. The events could repeat for those in different time zones. Maybe limit the number of events any player can enter, if needed (like one of each or something).

As an alternative the events could be open - as in each player enters one at their leisure. Then their time to complete the task(s) is recorded and used to determine standings, with the top times getting medals as per above. The number of entries per player in a single even could be limited to one, two, or whatever seems appropriate.

I don't know how hard this would be to code - only you could answer that.
Gorkus

Post by Gorkus »

I was going to post this under mech wars, but since most avoid the mech arena, maybe posting under an event is better...

I would like to see events where only mechs with a certain amount of MP do battle. It makes sense that for an Olympic event, we have mech wars where only the top mechs battle each other. Wouldn't it be cool to have 5 or 6 mechs, all with at least 50 or 100 or more MP battling for supremacy? Maybe only a certain amount of players may enter, and the battle does not start until all are in the arena, and then they fight until only one is left. This could be beyond simple coding, so I understand if the idea is nixed.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

I miss old "find flags" festive gameplay. I understand why you remove it, But I miss it. With new system I get rewards for nothing. WIth old - I had to do something to get reward. So I'd love something I have to do to get rewards.
Like NPC missions. For example Find Crates Combat missions** (story line: to prohibit doping scandal: kill doping dealers), or derelict Find Crates (story: get intel about doping mafia). Or Olympic Courier (deliver resources for olympic fan-zones). I suppose a lot of code is already there, but you'd have to write missions. I wonder whih one is harder for you...

** would be nice that every scan has some chance that random ship change affilate to "suspected Doping Dealer", thus make enemy strenght quite variable.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Gorkus wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:56 am I was going to post this under mech wars, but since most avoid the mech arena, maybe posting under an event is better...

I would like to see events where only mechs with a certain amount of MP do battle. It makes sense that for an Olympic event, we have mech wars where only the top mechs battle each other. Wouldn't it be cool to have 5 or 6 mechs, all with at least 50 or 100 or more MP battling for supremacy? Maybe only a certain amount of players may enter, and the battle does not start until all are in the arena, and then they fight until only one is left. This could be beyond simple coding, so I understand if the idea is nixed.
SOme time ago there was Player managed event, in IQ guild, I suppose, where each player drop one mech, and last mech standing get rewards. Could be adapted, that players send one mech to "games", at certain time all mechs are dropped to arena and well, last mech standing wins :). Or, if after some time there are more than one mech, mech with most points wins. regular fights could be suspended for one day, I suppose.