Mining Void - Expanse

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Mining Void - Expanse

Post by Elkhorn »

There is no automated mining available in the expanse!
Making the expanse open to automated mining would open up a whole new line of crafting - mining - alien tech -
What would it require?
The reason we can't mine the expanse is there are no control satellites, no refineries and no drones.
1. Galaxy wide drive to create refineries
Option A: Suitable rewards for all captains to participate (similar to Anchor Gates and Genesis)
Option B: Wait until Expanse access has reached a level to support this. (not my favorite option)
2. Galaxy wide drive to create Control Satellites
3. New line of Expanse only mining drones
4. Uses Alien Drone Tech to deploy drones
Am I missing anything?

Elkhorn
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
pikolinianita

Re: Mining Void - Expanse

Post by pikolinianita »

Elkhorn wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:38 pm There is no automated mining available in the expanse!
Making the expanse open to automated mining would open up a whole new line of crafting - mining - alien tech -
Do you miss Expanse crafting? I guess you don't have sett there, lol
1. Galaxy wide drive to create refineries
Option A: Suitable rewards for all captains to participate (similar to Anchor Gates and Genesis)
(...)
3. New line of Expanse only mining drones
Like very much. If rewards are unique maintenence program is required aswell.
4. Uses Alien Drone Tech to deploy drones
Am I missing anything?
yes, New Alien Certificates

5. Hmm, about Maintenence. We all know Expanse is dangerous place. So let's make something called "danger level" for all systems with refineries. it starts at 0, and can have values from +1000 to -1000. If player kill ship in system, value is increased, and it is decrease by 100 every week. If value is positive - It's ok. for slightly negative values (-1 till -400) there is increased Drone damage. for lower values mining rrate is decreased, and below -800 all mining is suspended.
Note 1: similar system could be used for AI infested systems, for Nebula Mining and/or other activities.
Note 2: Selltlement (large enough, lvl 6?) could be used as bases for long range strike forces, which could (once per week) add a bit to security of other system (and help with minig/nebula operations)

6. That would be connected with Barges in Expanse and Expanse Phantom Ores adds-ons