A way to simplify referrals and free advertisement for the game

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

A way to simplify referrals and free advertisement for the game

Post by Holiday »

As I know advertising is an issue with the game, and the cost of it. Has there been any thought given to allowing for easier sharing through social media?

What I mean is something like each of us players having a referral link we can share on web sites, blogs, twitter or facebook. Something that would bring someone directly to the registration page, but would also either auto fill in a captain name for referred by, or a new type of referral system. There is a Core-exiles twitter but since it only tweets about updates there isn't really much any of us can do with the tweets to help share the game, the information given in the tweets is only understandable to current players.

If each captain's account had a unique referral link we could share that was unique to each individual's account it would allow for much easier sharing while at the same time encouraging everyone to share more. It would be free to the game, some sort of reward being in place, even if it is only the current refer a friend system only simplified. If we work within the current system it is telling someone to go to core-exiles.com, click on launch game, then create an account, and put our captain name in the referred by box. If there was just a link that was unique to each person they could copy from their player bio page or something, it would allow for much easier sharing of the game. I know the current system sounds easy enough, and it is, but if you have a web site, blog, or social media with hundreds or thousands of impressions or hits it becomes much more difficult.

This is just something I've been thinking about lately as I read the CE twitter and think of the constant weight of advertisement Coops mentions. This would be a much simpler way to get free advertisement from us the players, the cost being only the time to code/change the current system. It seems as though with some motivation for us the players and making it more simple it could have a noticeable impact on the amount of potential new players that could be reached. I also see this feature in allot of other browser games, and it seems to benefit them quite a bit.
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes
Gruntok
CE Official Supporter

Re: A way to simplify referrals and free advertisement for the game

Post by Gruntok »

Like the idea. As said, people who happen to have blogs, or any number of followers in whatever place they roam, could add this link to signatures, or just promote it.
Wiki Nut