Making some money for the game

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Mechwarrior

Making some money for the game

Post by Mechwarrior »

Was thinking about Coops and his efforts to keep the game running and thought of a way to help him out.

In game there are many events where one has to buy a licence to operate/build/place an item or structure

A settlement for example.

What about leaving in place the in game money payment that we have now - BUT - any licence for level 6 or above must be CE store bought
(no, dont jump up and down about cost... I am just about to look into opening a Set and this would effect me also and spending money on this game is nearly impossible where I am based currently)

Level 6 shows long term playing in game - LONG TERM enjoyment of his hard work. Time to give a little back???

Anyway, as I said this idea popped into my head (yes thinking hurts like hell) I havent spoken to Coops about it but I feel that its not too bad. You can play for yrs before level 6 but if you really want to level up, well ante up..

This idea could be spread out over other items - if guys really dont like to pay or cant, then be happy with what is allowed without payment.

Starports - you want one.... start collecting for your licence...
5hortpants
CE Official Supporter

Re: Making some money for the game

Post by 5hortpants »

I like it- I'm hoping to play CE for many years to come, so anything that gives the game a financial foundation is great!

As an alternative for those who may not be in a position to contribute financially, there may be some way to "pay" bounties for bringing new players to the game (which will support CE financially in the long run.) Something similar to the Festive Store, but tied directly to efforts to promote and recruit new players.

Just my two cents. Love your idea, Mehwarrior! (lol, not a typo)
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

There is a soft $ requirement for lvl 7 already - try to level up without CAIC research bonus or Sett Buddy. I prefer such "spend few $$ to save 2 years of waiting" than solid "$$ license" requirement.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

I agree with piko - the model here is "spend $ to save time/effort" and NOT "spend $ to access end-game content". While changing that might (MIGHT) generate more income for a sufficiently large and well-known game, it would also "corrupt" CE...

Credits aren't exactly hard to come by in this game, so I doubt a "CE store license" would really make much sense as a shortcut. But certain settlement "slots" are still quite expensive (Or why is there no settlement in Aurelia? ;-) ), so maybe a "settlement token" of some kind might be worth thinking about (similar to ship tokens).
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.