VP Faction XP for Derelict Salvaging in VP

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Geistware

VP Faction XP for Derelict Salvaging in VP

Post by Geistware »

While killing time in VP, I decided to do some derelict salvaging. I noticed that while my standings increased for salvaging, I received no VP faction XP. My recommendation is that for any salvaging in VP wither it is wreck or derelict should also increase VP faction XP!
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: VP Faction XP for Derelict Salvaging in VP

Post by Elkhorn »

Hmmm. On one hand, when you haul cargo or passengers into, out of and around VP you are adding to the economy. When you combat you are getting rid of enemies. All these things "earn" a reward. Now while wreck salvage could be counted as a benefit, clearing the space lanes, I'm not sure it rates a reward.
On the other hand it would be nice. I wasn't paying that much attention and didn't realize I wasn't making faction points...I was salvaging for the materials.
Elk
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: VP Faction XP for Derelict Salvaging in VP

Post by Coops »

I have added VP XP to Wreck Salvage (standard ships salvaged from combat kills) I have not added it to Derelicts as these are explored and have a number of different XP / Resource incomes so not anywhere near as easy and will need considering further.

You will receive XP for VP when you Gather loot from the wreck, so simply sitting there lasering the wreck and not taking any loot won't give you VP XP.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!