Coops Challenge

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Mechwarrior

Coops Challenge

Post by Mechwarrior »

Now that we are in the last days of this current challenge I thought I would post some thoughts for future events while its still clear in everyones memory

We have a mixed bag of events for players to dig into but for me I am seeing some holes in the offered missions

1. I have read the forums and certain posts by players in chat and am aware that some have gone down the road of being a pirate. If there are several/many in the game surely they need mission targets also?

2. The major part of this game is the involvement level by Coops to the players and also the game development. I find it a little strange that in the challenge there is no mission for players buying from the CE store. Coops often tells us he needs help, its his employment as we all have outside the game. To me it makes simple sense that during a challenge, there are missions where players can actually buy something and help out and then also receive a bonus in the goodie bag as part of the game. And before anyone says something: for every six dollars I put up I only receive one english pound... so I am very aware of the exchange rate being a killer. But buying from the CE store is a part of the game, just like hauling cargo, so I see no reason why it cant have its own missions..

3. Captains levels. We all push to grow, might also be a section demanding set numbers of captains levelling up.

ahh, after my last post I have an idea of what comments might flow back - but its all good. the forum is a place to exchange ideas..

Mechwarrior
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: Coops Challenge

Post by Elkhorn »

I'm not sure how many pirates there are in the game so I can't address that one other than to say, probably not enough to have their own section in the challenge.
Buying from the CE store? Coops already offers huge discounts each month. though it is an interesting concept.
Leveling is a tough one, especially when you get into the higher levels, though it might be something to engage the lower level players (and garner some additional support from the higher level captains).
It's worth a look and some discussion....now where is mechs last post?
Elkhorn
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Elkhorn wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:19 am I'm not sure how many pirates there are in the game
pretty few:

http://stats.core-exiles.com/outlaw1.php
http://stats.core-exiles.com/outlaw2.php
Wifly

Post by Wifly »

I like your ideas, Mech! I encourage Coops to really consider including CE store purchases in the challenges. He might be reluctant because it seems avaricious, but for those of us who love the game we love seeing the entire community come together to support it!

I was surprised by your 6 dollars to a pound comment- last I checked the exchange was 1.35 US dollars to a pound. Unless you're using a different dollar (entirely possible!) http://www.x-rates.com/calculator/?from ... D&amount=1

I fully support all your ideas- the captain levels, CE store, and even the pirate suggestions are first rate! I've often considered going pirate, just haven't built up the courage to go rogue.
Mechwarrior

Post by Mechwarrior »

I am not american, dont live in america either....have lots of friends in the USA though..

I mentioned six to the pound as I dont think most people would understand if I used the local term for money here..

life...