Locked Steel Cases

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Gorkus

Locked Steel Cases

Post by Gorkus »

Recently, certain hard-to-find items have been made easier to find through the changes to NPC Mission stores. One item that seems to have been omitted from this is the extremely rare Locked Steel Case. I've been playing for 5 months and have never come across one. I have talked with others who have played for years and not found one. Others have stated (in chat) that at one time they were more prevalent, but now, they are virtually non existent. This may not have been an issue, but there seems to be a mission line that requires 20 Locked Steel Cases to complete. So making them a little more accessible would be a good idea, in my opinion. Perhaps via one of the trade-in stores if not NPC stores or Svens or the like. even if they were dropped a bit more often as a misc item could also be a solution.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Locked Steel Cases

Post by Coops »

Hi there Gorkus,

There are 574 items the NPC's can draw on. Each pass they make for each item in their list draws from this list at Random. The items you seek ARE IN that list. (rechecked this morning) Also looking in the log it appears there have been a few purchased (not surprising).

So they are in there, just at 1 out of 574 (X 10) is not great odds. But they are there and are being found.

It might interest players to know that so far since adding this function 28,164 items have been purchased.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Gorkus

Re: Locked Steel Cases

Post by Gorkus »

I had a good laugh...

A few days after posting this suggestion, I came across a Locked Steel Case in an NPC store, and then another. So I came here thinking that one of my suggestions had been adopted. Alas, it was all down to a random number generator... again. I'm just going to skip your post and thank you anyway for utilizing my suggestion.

Thanks Coops!