completed npc mission line tracker

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
james t kirk

completed npc mission line tracker

Post by james t kirk »

hi all,

can we have one? something in the pulldowns where you can view all your completed mission lines? especially now that you can buy goods from npc's it would be handy to have that information. much more useful than before.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Re: completed npc mission line tracker

Post by Darakhoranon »

Why stop at a COMPLETED mission tracker? Why not add a tracker for all the missions so that we can see directly which NPCs still offer quests to us? Right now, keeping track of (available) missions means a lot of bookkeeping, which probably turns some people away from doing those quests in the first place - and they usually do tell a story... ;-)
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

actually that would be a good idea I think that's pretty cool actually.
soarin24

Post by soarin24 »

this would help a lot to tell you the truth
Gorkus

Post by Gorkus »

I'm not discounting this suggestion one bit, as it is a good one. But if you make your way to chat and ask around, many folks have compiled this info already and are freely giving it out to those who ask. It's not in a handy dandy form, but still...
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

That's the case with most of the "user's manual" for CE, isn't it, Gorkus? The Schematic browser might not be up to date with the latest stuff you can craft, but most of it is there, and the rest probably is already compiled in one spreadsheet or the other as you say. The same goes for most other aspects of the game. The information is "there", you just have to find it.
This suggestion would simply make it some of it more accessible to (new) players - and just might keep some of them in the game...
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Afarticus

Post by Afarticus »

I like this. To have somewhere handy a view of all NPC's in Core Exiles itself including the status (completed, not started, in progress (stage)). The NPC location can even be not visible until you stumbled upon the NPC in the respective planet.
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

yeah i'm not so bothered about the location of ones I haven't done yet more I'm bothered about the missions I've completed. besides you can use the finder to locate npc's you haven't done yet.
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

I'd like to see this, actually I'd like a full mission tracker with mission status, links to the mission texts, etc, for ALL NPCs.

I'm also reminded of the players who get stuck and can't progress some mission chain, they show up in chat or here
occasionally asking for help. Its been so long since I've done those missions I can't remember any details anymore.
So being able to look up the mission would be a boon. I wonder if staff members already have access to such a tool?