Implant shells PLUS implants

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
5hortpants
CE Official Supporter

Implant shells PLUS implants

Post by 5hortpants »

For some reason I can't explain, I was under the impression that when I built a MARVIN implant with implant shells and BIMs that it would somehow work along with my current implants. As a matter of fact, they instead replaced my current implants, condemning the set of Titan implants I worked so hard to acquire to the pile of trash rattling around my ship's hold.

I was wondering if Coops might be willing to consider adjusting the implant shell system so that our regular implants fit inside the BIM inhanced implant shell, allowing one of each shell and one of each implant to be fitted simultaneously.

As a side note, this will keep the sets of CE store implants as a valuable cash generating item, instead of making the old implants obsolete.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Re: Implant shells PLUS implants

Post by Darakhoranon »

That is an excellent point.
With the new implant shells/BIMs, you can craft the "ultimate" implants that far outclass anything else. Granted, only the high level players can make use of these, but who is most likely to invest the time, effort and money to get something from the store? Especially something that requires you to reach a relatively high level in the first place and something that can NOT be sold/donated to a lower level player once you outgrow it...

In fact, this is the reason why one of my longterm goals was dropped for good - I'm most definitely NOT going to get any of the store implants (maybe apart from the "best" head implant)... ;-)
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

I think you miss the point here guys, CE is about options. No one says anyone HAS to buy implants. There's players who have been playing for years and years that never bothered with the old ones and don't even know what the new ones are. (as is apparent by the stream of PM's I get each week) It's a choice and I like to ensure you Have choices.

As the methods for GETTING the BIMS' is random based on your captain level and that you need to play over a long period or trade a lot to get what you exactly want, this hurdle is enough.

Both of you are supporters and over time have / will collect a fair amount of these bims from 'Store rewards' but we have also sold a fair few so it's swings and round abouts for us and choice for you.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

There is that, Coops, true. But I still think those most likely to "bother" with implants in the first place are also those most likely to try and get the "ultimate" ones. And while that might be a LONG term goal (as most things in CE are... ;-) ), it also means there's very little incentive for these players to "waste" precious money/festive points on "temporary" implants that are destined to rot in their holds once they do manage to get their hands on the "ultimate" ones...

As far as I'm aware, implants are the ONLY non transferable items that become (or, as you say, MAY become) completely useless eventually...
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.