New Player Experience - Resource Browser

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Gorkus

New Player Experience - Resource Browser

Post by Gorkus »

In my humble opinion, there needs to be a better way to explore all of the resources and what they do in Core Exiles. The Resource Browser tab of the Schematic Browser application does this for legacy resources, but lacks much of the more recent schematics, modules and resources. I'm sure I'm not the only relatively new player who refrains from selling certain resources on the GBM simply because I have no idea what those resources do. There are over 3,000 schematics and nested modules in CE which currently must be looked up individually to learn of their constituents. Not only is this cumbersome from the point of view of trying to learn what a resource does, it is practically impossible to remember. If the new resource lookup could be linked to any schematics, modules, factories, etc.. that use that resource, it would be very helpful. Alternately, if the Schematic Browser could be updated, that would also be beneficial. Even a spreadsheet consisting of units and their constituent parts would be tremendous. If it is the case that not knowing what a resource does until it is needed is considered part of the game, then my entire post is moot. But I hope that is not the case.

If Coops could run a query and produce a csv file (or the like) of these items, I would be more than happy to compile that data into a usable form.

Thanks for listening. :)
falconner

Re: New Player Experience - Resource Browser

Post by falconner »

Alternatively, have the resource list a few items most important item that almost everyone may go for (player ships come to mind) in the resource lookup,or a few items in which high quantities of that particular resource is required.
I realize adding all items that a resource is used in could defeat the purpose of the whole thing,hence my suggestion of a few items.

slightly OT,and I dunno if something can be done at all,but if the Schematic
Browser could be updated with the latest resources,it'd be grand indeed...
Although its slight OT I know,couldn't resist.
Gorkus

Post by Gorkus »

I'm not sure it's OT. I mean, one could painstakingly open each schematic and module and enter their components into a database. That would take a long time indeed, but could be done. So what is OT with simplifying the process by starting out with a raw data dump from the source?
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

skimatic browser? where is this?
Pterrodaxo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pterrodaxo »

james t kirk wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 1:14 pm skimatic browser? where is this?
Try http://schembrowser.16mb.com/ for starters. A bit more fiddly than the original site for Shields Down, but it works rather well. I can't say how complete it is given how many schematics there are now as compared to the last time I was around.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

unfortunately it miss a lot of new schemes, so no useful data about new combat loot - atm most important category of loot.