Barges Career paths

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
pikolinianita

Barges Career paths

Post by pikolinianita »

So New Abilities will be open for suggestion… Cool, here are first few ideas :P

1) Salvage Raid. Yes, Raid. Removing dead raids is tedious and time consuming process… barges can speed it up
a) New equipment, Raid Salvage Lasers are required
b) Barge has to be moved into RAID system (fuel cost)
c) Speed of process ( =size of the weapon) and XP rewards, has to be set wisely. if all raids were killed they should be removed in one week – mostly by barges, I guess, but…
d) (if you introduce interesting loot for Raid Salvage) there should be time limit (24-48h) after kill when only manual salvage is possible (Explanation – Gal Fed has to deploy, set up and test navigation beacons. Also barges of people who took part should be privileged (24h for “raid party players’” barges only?)
e) Loot quality determined by “salvage” skill
f) Few flavor events, slight changes for Salvage MISC loot distribution – higher chance for salvage, lol

2) Solar/planetary/asteroid research.
a) New Equipment, Sensors, required.
b) Alliance require data about certain space events. Those events occur on certain date and have certain lenght (like first week of any month)
c) Barge has to be moved into right system
d) Barge spent energy and gets XP, more than during mining
e) Rarely it collects some rare resources (derelict? ), diluted with common resources if necessary. Perhaps Random events could deliver some resources to cargo bay
f) Loot Quality determined by AI skill
g) After end of event barge has to be moved into system with Asteroids

3) Salvage:
a) New Equipment, Salvage Drills, required
b) Government of given planet asks captains for cleaning orbit of wrecks
c) Timed Event, like above
d) Barge gets resources available from salvage, perhaps some other resources for very high Loot Levels
e) Loot Level determined by Salvage Skill,

4) Nebula Dive
a) New Equipment, Nebula Shield, New Equipment, Nebula Scoop
b) Almost everything like mining
c) Barge Gets nebula resources, diluted with regular loot. At very high Loot Levels some AI resources (like Wisbarr) can be found
d) Quality of loot depends on how deep barge dive, hence Shield Skill determine Loot Level
e) Rewards from combat events contains AI loot, but events are harder than regular ones

My first idea was to get rid of Raids really fast. But you can introduce something like career paths (different professions gives different resources and require different barge skill). That would give us some hard choices, lol
james t kirk

Re: Barges Career paths

Post by james t kirk »

if you're going to do that and I rather like that idea then I think another organization is call for like the fom but specifically for barges so you can do missions relating to barges. you can gain faction xp like you would do with any other organisation.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

I welcome all suggestions relating to the 'Reserved' Abilities on Mining Barge Abilities. I cant promise to use them all but I'm sure glad to see some suggestions and to mull them over.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

coops can the barges have the ability to scan the fields so we can see what resources are in there? after all our ships can do it it seems strange that a vestle specifically designed to mine can't.
mropso

Post by mropso »

Ships can only do it for the basic set of ores. Can't they?
saint

Post by saint »

I would like to see an Ability that would improve the yield of the chosen ore group.
So if I choose ore group 5, with the ability active, ore collected in group 5 is increased by 50% or something along those lines.

You could call it "Master Prospector" or something like that.

I also like the idea of being able to use a barge for Nebula harvesting and for Raid Salvage, both are cool idea's in my opinion.
james t kirk

Post by james t kirk »

actually speaking of master prospector, what about being able to target specific ores? ok you still get the others too but the barge can look out for specific ores that you want. with a max of lets say 15% chance of getting that ore over others.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

or just "skip plain ore".
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Ability: Locate Gemstones
Required Ability : Locate Red Crystals

Ability: Locate Common U.A Resources
Required Ability : Locate Gemstones

Ability: Locate Rare U.A Resources