Guild Messaging System

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
saint

Guild Messaging System

Post by saint »

I would like to see something that either works within the current mail framework but with a few tweaks, or something independent of mail if it is to complicated to mesh the two.

I'm thinking it would be great to have more active communication with the guild system.
What I'd like to see is something more message board style and not instant messaging.

A general board that anyone in the guild can post to and read from easily.
An announcement board that only guild leadership can post to.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Re: Guild Messaging System

Post by Sukayo »

any enhancement would be nice, and if i remember right here is a lot of them on some whiteboard.
Give some time of yours to the game gods, and it will come one day.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

There is guild board ( ce guides tab, last option). I doubt there will be more, as you can always create external Forum...
saint

Post by saint »

My argument for a more integrated system is that as soon as you ask people to leave the game or go to this forum or that forum you loose 90% of people. They just won't do it.

An integrated solution along the likes of the mail system will encourage people to participate socially in the game, which in my opinion has a good chance of improving game usage among new players. Improving the overall game usage, even by 20% through small tweaks that allow players to more actively interact will generate more revenue for the game.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

I agree with saint. External forums are (usually) just an annoyance, they don't really add anything. If there's no other way to coordinate, fine. But we do have a chat, the guild board piko mentioned and THIS forum. And CE isn't exactly a game that requires you to be continuously up to date with everything, is it? ;-)

I think in order to make guilds take a more "active" stance, we'd need something for them to DO that actually requires a higher level of coordination and directly and noticeably benefits the players (a minor indirect benefit would only lead to the "raid problem" - too few participants). As it is now, a guild may be somewhat useful when you're new to the game (to get a few pointers and/or a leg up with some basic - or not so basic - equipment), but that's it. When Coops finally gets around to adding guild starbases, that might change (to some degree at least), but for now, there's not much point to them.
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.