Giving raids bite

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
XPLODE

Re: Giving raids bite

Post by XPLODE »

Smooth Jazz music in the background so it's relaxing instead of a clickfest of doom type of thing.
saint

Post by saint »

pikolinianita wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:32 pm I see few problems with RAIDs
  1. Time - not all players can be "here" "now"
  2. Knowledge - Not all players use forums / chat on regular basis
  3. Motivation - Poor reward for kill
  4. (for challenges) Salvage - slow, Need IP in "Energy Weapons" and with poor rewards
This is a complete list of what I feel the problems with raids are.

The last two reasons are ultimately the biggest problem.

I don't believe the reward for raids is big enough.

That's why I like the idea of some kind of impact on the systems with raids because getting rid of that negative is part of the reward.

I imagine for practical purposes you could still deliver any cargo you have or complete npc mission etc. you just couldn't use any services such as wesbecs from within the system, and wesbecs etc wouldn't issue new cargo etc to the system while under raid.

I had a busy month during the last challenge and couldn't dedicate big chunks of time. The daunting amount of clean up of the raids that is needed is 90% of the work. I think those of us who have helped with raid hunting for the last few challenges realized just how much time was going to be spent cleaning up the raids and for one reason or another decided not to commit the time to accomplish the task. Maybe if more people participated it wouldn't be as challenging in the clean up department.

Don't get me wrong, if it weren't in the challenge and you didn't have 3 more piles to go help on, salvaging a raid is a fine thing.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

saint wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:14 pm I imagine for practical purposes you could still deliver any cargo you have or complete npc mission etc. you just couldn't use any services such as wesbecs from within the system, and wesbecs etc wouldn't issue new cargo etc to the system while under raid.
But if you had settlement in remote location, and raid appeared there - you'd be doomed - you'd have to wait to next challenge, or even longer :( I'm sure Raids in descarte would be cleaned up really fast, but in Uyoroi?
saint

Post by saint »

I'm suggesting that after it gets to a certain size then it would interfere in services.

So while I hear you that it could suck to be a settlement owner out in the middle of nowhere, pretty much everyone is part of a guild.

I know I would expect to be able to get help from my guild if my settlement system was being effected by a raid, and my guild is pretty autonomous. It could possibly help encourage more activity within guilds.

There is also the avenue that you might be able to hire guns to help clear a raid, etc

The negative is the point, again.
It may also require higher levels of compensation from the authorities.
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

saint wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:46 pm So while I hear you that it could suck to be a settlement owner out in the middle of nowhere, pretty much everyone is part of a guild.
Thats NOT an assumption you can make - yes the hard-core players are in guilds but I suspect the majority of
non-core players are NOT (just like most do not use forums/chat/etc. ). True, most of them will not have settlements, either.
They are also not likely to participate in raid battles.
SO, why aggravate a segment of the player base and potentially drive them away from the game?
saint wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:46 pm The negative is the point, again.
I'd prefer TEMPORARY negatives. I like piko's idea of moving raids every so often, say after a week or so, relocating to
a new system. Better rewards are good too.
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

RAIDs used to be a challenge. Bringing them down solo or in small teams, watching Coops rebalance them, then try do it again... fun times, for me at least. Probably less so for Coops :mrgreen:

From my point of view: No challenge left in them, no point participating.

As for possible rewards:
Captain, due to your parcitipation in latest RAID destruction, Ashar/Wesbec is rewarding you with +10% credits for any of their cargo you pick in the next hour.

To make it fair for all, reward could be in a form of a booster that will upon activiation increase credits offered for Ashar/Wesbec cargo by 10% and last an hour. Depending on participation level, you could get more of them or perhaps even different ones.

Possible candidates for a booster:
-increase credits by xx%
-increase xp by xx%
-increase credits and xp by xx%
-decrease fuel required by xx%

Or perhaps a hauling office that offers cargo up to 500 in size. Open to all that participated in at least one RAID takedown in the last two weeks.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

For faster RAID salvage:
If you don't want to mess with resource list for levels of RAID salvage (and perhaps derelict): Salvage Levels could increase efficiency in regular and Alien Salvage. Alien is important, as that would attract higher level players. Bonuses can vary:
  • increase weapon damage, like SCAN skill
  • chance for "critical hit" - output doubled
  • less "misses" - shots without resources retrieved
  • increase time and amout of wreck visible for each scan, like scan limit expander / wreck extender
  • increase effective wreck tonnage - you choose salvage wreck with size=200, you salvage as it is 220.
  • reduced XP required for next salvage level
  • increased chance for MISC/rare loot
If bonuses counts also for Alien salvage RAIDs killing would be extremely popular :) similar bonuses could be attached to derelicts.
Or, for raids, bonus to regular salvage would be for every level, and for Alien salvage for every 3 levels. and similar (reversed) for derelicts