ORSA Buddy?

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

ORSA Buddy?

Post by Akkamaddi »

I've sat on this idea, because I can ramble, but with Jager's post, I'll give this idea whirl.

The ORSA Buddy.

It may require some tweaking, so it may not work.

The ORSA Buddy watches your Extractors and Harvesters, looking for bits of flotsam and jetsam that may be useful.

-For Extractors-

Every day, when the ORSA fields close for 20 minutes so the staff can do their daily Black Mass to beseech Lord Satan to refill the Rice fields, each Extractor in place gets a chance that the Buddy finds something. This chance is 1% for each Personal category extractor, 2% for each Commercial category extractor, and 3% for each Industrial, CES, or RAF category extractor. The find chance is rolled for each extractor. So, someone with many Industrial and CES extractors would probably get one "find" every day or two. A player may get very lucky and get a few finds in a day, or may get nothing for a few days in a row. The size of the find could be small, or could scale with the category of the extractor.

-For Harvesters-

Every day, during the ORSA Black Mass, the a find check is rolled against each active extractor. The chance for a find event is equal to the "ore per hour" rating of the harvester. So, a Personal harvester in service would have a 2% daily chance to find something. The hefty Dredger would have a 25% chance per day to find something, while the massive Leviathan would have a 40% chance per day to find something. CES Harvesters would have a very high rate of return.

Additionally, when a Harvester hits the "resource depleted" state, I would suggest two things. First would be an automatic find event, as it takes days of harvesting and refueling to reach this. Second, I would add a special event. At "resource depleted", the buddy has a chance equal to the "ore per hour" rate of finding one unit of (25%) an AI Metal, (25%) an AI Mineral, (50%) a Gemstone.

(Also, if mechanics like this would work, they could also be applied to a "Drone Buddy".)
pikolinianita

Re: ORSA Buddy?

Post by pikolinianita »

And Buddy for Ship crew missions - those use fuel :)

Sorry for slight OT
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Re: ORSA Buddy?

Post by Akkamaddi »

pikolinianita wrote:And Buddy for Ship crew missions - those use fuel :)
Sorry for slight OT
I'm afraid I'm one of those low-brow bourgeoisie trash who lurches his uncouth behind about the universe in a store-bought ship. :lol:

I bought up a Drone Buddy because you can use the exact same mechanics. Have a daily check, and an find-event chance of something like the OPH x0.1 or the square root of OPH. I don't know how player missions work, but if there is a similar mechanic, then why not?