Hauler buddy?

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Jager 602
CE Official Supporter

Hauler buddy?

Post by Jager 602 »

I picked up the mining and exploration buddies and they've done pretty good so far. Any thoughts to adding a hauler buddy?
A plaque on both your horses.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Re: Hauler buddy?

Post by Darakhoranon »

Maybe it should actually be a "Hauler/Passenger" Buddy instead. After all, the difference between hauling people and hauling assorted bric-a-brac is neglible (actually, my SNARG prefers people...), so one buddy should be fine for both career paths.

While adding more buddies might bring in a bit more to pay for CE, I don't think we really need to end up with a few dozen of them - and if one buddy was/became interesting for several career paths... ;-)
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Bebeb
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Bebeb »

These activities do not directly involve collecting loot which is primarily the way the buddies work, this would be why they were not included and you already get the chance to receive random bonuses from these activities.
What would the buddy do?
If you find yourself stuck ASK for help
Jager 602
CE Official Supporter

Post by Jager 602 »

I guess the buddy would look for loot along your trip; with the other activities there's also the random chance to find objects, so the buddies would look for loot on successful cargo/psasenger drops. It was a thought, anyway.
A plaque on both your horses.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Bebeb wrote:What would the buddy do?
Operate sensors ;)

we have almost haulers buddy - cache events. So if you have buddy cache events would diappear, replaced by "I, buddy, localized something during our last trip. due to my extreme wise efforts courier from [ashar/wesbec/union/aliens] delivered [MISC] item and [XXX] units of [Resource]". Or something like that.
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

I would prefer to think of the hauler buddy as a little thief.

"While loading cargo for the last mission, your buddy found an 'unattended' parcel of goods. Just smile and accept it. And don't return to Beltaine for a few days."
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Akkamaddi wrote:I would prefer to think of the hauler buddy as a little thief.

"While loading cargo for the last mission, your buddy found an 'unattended' parcel of goods. Just smile and accept it. And don't return to Beltaine for a few days."
LOL had to Laugh at that one :)

I'll be honest initially I'd passed over Hauling and passengers on the Buddy system, but perhaps as per a previous suggestion we could have a Buddy that covers both Cargo Hauling and Passengers.

I'll have a ponder...

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

If you do decide to add a hauler/passenger buddy, I think it should definitely be a character with... questionable morals like Akkamaddi suggested. It's just too funny not to use something like his line. And let's be honest, TECHNICALLY speaking, almost all of us are occasionally engaged in somewhat less-than-honorable activities (no, of course nobody would ever think about shooting GalFed ships!)... ;-)
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Ask and 'sometimes' the Dev is listening...

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2283
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!