Idea: Seasonal Cargo Holder

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Idea: Seasonal Cargo Holder

Post by Akkamaddi »

Just a totally random thought, but this could actually be useful as a prize.

Have different "seasonal" cargo hold devices. Make them have a low-ish power consumption and skill points. Have the cargo capacity be somewhat competitive, and scale up as you raise levels, like the Olympic POD's.

The quirk is, the hold will produce Holiday Cheer tokens. The countdown starts when the seasonal cargo hold is equipped. A token will be produced 48-96 hours later. When the token is accepted, the countdown starts again, producing a festive token every 2-4 days during the appropriate holiday season. Outside the season, for tokens that do not auto-destruct, it can produce one every 14-21 days, which can be traded for festive points. If the hold is unequipped, the countdown is erased and reset when re-equipped.

At lower levels, it could be a competitive cargo expander. At higher levels, some may keep it for the occasional festive token.

Christmas: produces presents
"This cargo spatial compressor is made of... cloth? Are these things made of cloth? It looks almost like a sack stretched over a frame. It smells nice, though, almost like hot cocoa and peppermint. Rumor has it that some of the other Captains have been finding small gifts near theirs."

Valentines Day: produces hearts
"Admittedly, this is... interesting. Not many pieces of ship equipment are pink with floral appliques. It comes with an odd looking maintenance drone, though, which is a plus. I'm not sure why it looks like a small person in a toga. Just be careful. It apparently has little control over its bolt firing unit, and other units have shot at their captains. It leaves gifts to apologize, though."

Halloween: produces pumpkins
"This unit uses very experimental bio-technology. Rumor has it the technology is alien, some even say it is dark magic. There is some stray DNA in the biological components, and the cargo expander will periodically sprout a pumpkin. Pumpkin soup is tasty and nutritious, captain! But sometimes, they look... odd...."

Rexoleen: produces calendar pages
"This piece of technology is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen, captain. You shouldn't look directly at it without eye protection. It is far too radiant for your human eyes. Yes, I know you feel unworthy of owning it."

St. Patricks Day: Green Beer
"Captain! There really is a God! This cargo expander produces beer! BEER!!!"

And to the high level players who don't see the point of using an inferior cargo hauler or token generators of different seasons, Coops can build in a gift receipt. Have it sub-mol into a phat stack of Az-Pat resources.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Idea: Seasonal Cargo Holder

Post by Coops »

You certainly have had your thinking hat on of late. A great idea there Akkamaddi.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!