Settlement festival

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
pikolinianita

Settlement festival

Post by pikolinianita »

Recently I looked into my resources stash, and I have a lot, lot of stuff like fresh Foods, Wines, Horticultural goods, and so on, many non-technical, civilian stuff. I'd like to get rid of them, lol. But Many of those stuff are need for a Good Party! Street Festival! New-Rio Carnival!

Basic idea is simple. Player have to assemble (=craft) "Festival set" - Something to make proper decorations (Lights, Greens, Scenes for musicians, etc), Something for local people (Food, Drinks, Music/Sport activities), something for Official Dinner (Luxury Food, Extra clothes for Sett people, etc), Also Extra security and medical (rifles, stunners, etc) and, perhaps, settlement clean-up (Domestic chemicals, Reactive Gas, Eden Aligators). And such item could be activated (used, It is useable) by sett owner.

So two more detailed ideas:

Super-Giga-Extra Lvl 7 Wellcome Party: Party can be made once per settlement, and is required to unlock one/few slots, just like Settlemnt expansion unit. Because Planetary Leader/Governor/Dictator have to, just have to, cut the ribbon, (to increase his popularity by tv transmission, etc).

Modern-Shanghaiing: Party can be run often, say every week. Each Festival increase morale by 10%, with maximum at 110% ofc :). When morale is over 100% settlement SRP is increased, but also staff can volunteer to missions, which brings loot and credits. Missions like finish off Pirate raid (they always escape, don't they), clean system from derelict Ships, etc. Each Mission reduce morale, excess of morale decays slowly to 100%.
Option: Sett positive events could increase morale over 100 too.
Stringer
Retired Staff

Re: Settlement festival

Post by Stringer »

Great idea. I could use a boost.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

On the surface i can see this as a good idea, but I do have some reservations due to how players 'play' and attempt to push all of CE's boundaries. This could even allow for a player to counter bad events and reduced combat abilities by once a week bouncing 10% back.

I'm not sure this would actually do what it is intended to do (remove the clutter / build up of erroneous resources) and more act a booster for settlement owners who want to test the edges of whats survivable. The latter making in fact more work for me in the long run.

As I say on the surface not a bad idea. But I'm not sure I like the idea of SRP or Morale fixes.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Lord Orion

Post by Lord Orion »

Well, the problem of combat/event can be solved by setting up requirements for a festival.

A simple idea, not so sure if it is simple to code, would be that a settlement couldn't be started if the player had had a negative event or lost a combat.
It makes some sense that people won't be up to a festival if something negative has happened.
How many events/combats in the past would be considered is the hard part, specially since events are random and I suppose that even with good stats a bad event can occur.

However, that would mean that lower settlements could never do festivals, since they will probably have low changes of having a good or neutral event.
Another choice would be that those settlements could still make a festival but with nerfed results.

Regarding the SRP... SRP is always good :$, could however be a low chance result in the beginning and grow, that way it could be a good alternative to having SRP boost buildings for the higher lvls in the future (if that is even in the plans :) ).

I think it would be fun if the result of festival might depend on the amount of players that used that settlement, that way we would start to see some festival announcements of owners and some interaction while players move from one festival to another. It would be nice if the players might win something with the festival, but that can be left to the settlement owner. It would be also fun to see players starting a festival calendar just to make sure players could come to their festival :D.