Engineering

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Albert Ross
CE Official Supporter

Engineering

Post by Albert Ross »

Make engineering enjoyable again. Get rid of all but one "Salvage Discriminator" and reduce the number of useless blueprints. Others and I have tried all but one discriminator and their worth is negligable.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Engineering

Post by Coops »

I'm not sure I really follow this 'request'. Salvage discriminators work fine they do exactly what they are designed to do and I know by looking in players load-outs they are used regularly by players. What one guys dislike is not necessarily every ones. The game has to cater for all types of players.

Loot balancing is a very hard thing when a game runs for ten plus years so PLEASE think about How to make it more interesting and fun than simply ' Get rid of these I don't like them'. The form of collecting the Blueprints is passive and does not cost you credits like Schematics. They don't stack and are not getting in your way or taking up space or making lists longer and longer. (that's how the system was designed).

Albert you have been playing CE since 2012 of course you have all the blueprints and of course every time you get one its 'Ohhh not that one again' but unless I add thousands of pointless items for 'mixing it up' I cant change whats there.

There are 339 Blueprints in game for the use of Engineering. We can grow this but it needs end items to do so. Perhaps make some suggestions on new items that players might like instead of complaining about those already there :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Albert Ross wrote:Make engineering enjoyable again.
Why is it not Enjoyable for you?

Salvage Discriminators are very usefull in Expanse. Not sure about regular ones...
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

pikolinianita wrote: Not sure about regular ones...
The main use is for the level 2 discriminator, when you are hunting AI-UN metals.

The rest might be useful for certain supplies that are easiest to find through salvaging, like Synthetic Silk or Galactic News.
Albert Ross
CE Official Supporter

Post by Albert Ross »

OK, I admit, I am a new player now only in my fifth year, so I will listen to reason. Reason this!

To engineer a Grav Sled Medium; blueprints I need:- 1 x Anti Grav Kit, 1 x Sled System, ! x Grav sled (Med). THREE BLUEPRINTS out of a choice of THREE.

To make a Salvage Discriminator; blueprints I need:- 1 x Salvage Discrim., 1 x Power source, 1 x Variable Lock, 1 x Halo Salvage Device, 1 x False Logic, 1 x Inhibitor, 1 x Logic Circuit, 1 x Loot calibrator, 1 x Salvage stabilaser. NINE BLUEPRINTS out of a choice of FIFTY FOUR. (Have I missed one?)

Surely this is a game not RL. Albert.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

I've been pondering with the staff today that I 'Might' and I stress MIGHT - make the Blueprints (excess ones) sell-able to a trader NPC / Store. This means they would stack and you could sell off extra ones.

That way they are no longer trash loots but 'Insta-cash'. As I say I'm pondering it. They were never designed ot be sold / traded or anything other than collected and used.

We shall see.

But as I said for more flavour (for those that have been here years) lets come up with some new pods / specials etc that you might like to Engineer, adding to the current list and bulking it out with 'more' loot or inversely using currently collected Blueprints.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

So problem is too many similar blueprints?
perhaps we could improve engeenering like crafting - with "back to initial blueprint", and click into sub-blueprint leads to that blueprint. That would make engineering easier. but, taking into account how many blueprints are in game, and how often I make a pod, I don't think it is high priority...
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

[edit - alteration of topic]
Last edited by Akkamaddi on Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Akkamaddi wrote: We can engineer "enhanced" or "Overclocked" versions of some scanners. The overclocked scanner would chain as with the base model, but is treated as the base model in relation to other scanners. (You can chain an Asteroid Scanner 3 + Overclocked Asteroid Scanner 4, but NOT Asteroid Scanner 4 + Overclocked Asteroid Scanner 4.) The standard template can be Captain Level +10, Device skill +25%, energy +10%.
Overclocked (Commercial Tracker, Threat Detector, Highlighter Scanner, Targeting Module, Passive Array): +1 target hit
Overclocked Asteroid Scanner: +1 scan rating
Overclocked Agro Salvage Scanner: +1 hour, +1 hit
(or, Overclocked Wide Spectrum and Guild Salvage units, that up the bonus to +2 hits / +4 hours from +1/+1.)
The overclocked scanners would add more lifespan to older equipment, while (captain level +10) prevents it from over-buffing low level captains.
We already have those - Rigal, lawson, syband etc See cedb :)
well, don't have Better Salvage, but with Wreck extender and Scan limit expander you have as much targets as you need, lol

Biggest issue with Blueprints is, IMHO, that Debris and High Loot are too common for PODs only (I mean if they were used in pods only senior players would have excess of items), but too rare for useables (derelict ammo, for example).
Albert Ross
CE Official Supporter

Post by Albert Ross »

Ah well; someone has taken the tiller and altered course; time for me to jump ship. : :?