pod pts

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
jaclarri
CE Official Supporter

pod pts

Post by jaclarri »

You get skill pts by pimping your ship and other stuff --

i Looking at extra pod pts -- 1 or 2 per pimp the ship to add to you total
siddharth

Re: pod pts

Post by siddharth »

will be cool if it could be done could sure use those points for olampic pods
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

I suppose we could review the POD numbers if enough folk think there is a need. But we also need to consider balance. IE enabling players to raise it to far would imbalance the locks we have in place in a few areas of the game, so careful consideration before a 'Yeah sure' type approach.

I'd be happy to read players thoughts for and if any against...

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Post by alumoi »

Hmm, pod points, that's tricky.
Let's take a hypothetical situation (mine): 15 pod points, always equipped with WC2014, Sochi, Rio, Mako and Terranor Monitor, leaving me with only 5 points available. I manage to cram different needed pods in place (Combat loot maximizer, Babylon, Minos, RedMat, Salvage Discriminator) but let's say I want to grab me some aliens, that means Aurora Device plus Messiah Turret (6 points). So I have to ditch the Terranor, wasting a couple of days of resources.
Would I like more points so I can always equip all the devices I want at the same type? Yes, of course.
Do I really need more points? Frankly, no. CE is not the type of game where you can have your cake and eat it. It takes time, dedication and, best of all, a lot of planning and thinking in advance to get along and spoonfeeding players will ruin the game.
OK, TLDR: it would be nice to have 1-5 more points but not necessary.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

1) What about Drone Points? Or even Structure ones?

2) For high Level players two pod Points would be almost better than 2 regular Pimps (RP Pod vs 2x Energy Pimps, Or Cargo + Energy Pims).

3) I like this idea, but I suppose it would be CE Store Only Pimp, lol.

4) I see few nice Advantages for me (That is Combos I cannot use right now, 15 pod points, Terranor 35 always Equipped): Babylon Pod And Seraphim XL; More Messiah during Combat (or better Loot Maximizer With Aurora 6) better Combat setup with Seraphim XL, more RP pods for hauling,
I'd say Pass pods (with Shadowsword Frame), but Alien Cabins are better for me, so no issue (could be at medium levels, though).

I have to agree with alumoi: it would be handy at times, but not necesary :)

OT1) I often wish I have some Pods installed for ever (without Pod Points) - When i have have to unequip Aurora to Use Minos, Or Unequip something to use Red Mat. In Other words, There are PODs which are use alone, without other items, for very specific functions, and I'd like to have then "Always On". Do I want to buy such add-on in CE store, or use Pimp slot for them? Not sure :(

OT2) Pimp with 3x1 Pass Cabin?
jaclarri
CE Official Supporter

Post by jaclarri »

The game does need to be never easy to get everything but there are limits that are in place you can only have 10 pods in the higher level ships and if you could add a few more pts some of the higher players it my help more so even if some one get alot of pts he cannt place more then 10 pods

the extra pod pts should never be cheap if you do it to a ship you sale the ship there gone

just aliile extra to add --

jaclarri
Lost Queen

Post by Lost Queen »

: )

I just want to throw this out here. A ship can have up to 10 pod slots. Considering that the most "always equipped" pods use 2 points.
I'll let you do the math.

: )
: ) It could be worse. : )