Combat Scanner

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
wakhere

Combat Scanner

Post by wakhere »

i suggest a scanner enhancement so that the AI on board ship can ring a bell when a ship type or class is seen on the scan. (ding)

After hours of scanning deep space you get sort of hypnotized into pressing the re-scan button such that even if your target was on-screen you still pressed the damned button and lost it..... :x

an extra recognition module to go in specials or even in weapon slot would do.

ive no idea what so of level or difficulty it should be but its about the same sort of gear as the JDN isnt it. :?:
5hortpants
CE Official Supporter

Re: Combat Scanner

Post by 5hortpants »

Yeah, can't tell you how many times I've hypnotized myself rescanning like that! I usually scan, ctrl-f and search for the name of the ship, and then rescan. The search term usually stays in the search box, so it ends up being: *scan*, <ctrl> F, <enter>, (the searched for ship highlights in yellow, or dings if nothing is found), and then *scan* again.

Just thought I'd share.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

I bet you can find Browser extension for that (FF or chrome) (or even GreaseMonkey script).
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

i like that idea.
be nice if cargo hauling had that too :P
pikolinianita wrote:I bet you can find Browser extension for that (FF or chrome) (or even GreaseMonkey script).
kubaf made one of those. well, it filtered based on cargo remaining and destination for ashar and wesbec but i assume the same methods apply.
coops requested we cease utilization of it when he became aware of it.

that said, things may have changed and/or combat search is different...
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

IMO it is a little difference between "Ctrl-F with sound" and displaying only one right result.