ROLF'S - 02 and the rest

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Paarthurnax

ROLF'S - 02 and the rest

Post by Paarthurnax »

I have read some comments on finding the 02's in particular. We all know what Joey wants as well :shock:

Would it be possible to add the ROLF'S to the Svens shops. Many things can be found there, but not these.

I check the Buy/Sell page every time I log in and have seen Many pleas for these with little response. It seems to me that many players do not use this and probably do not ever look at it.

If it where not for the support of my guild members I would still be stuck at having only 2 that I found on my own.

I hope these can be added to Svens.
pikolinianita

Re: ROLF'S - 02 and the rest

Post by pikolinianita »

Hmm, Here is Answer, I guess
Gorkus

Post by Gorkus »

As someone facing this problem anew, that is no solution. If there are about 2000 free ROLF #2s floating about in the stores of players who've logged-in in the past 30 days and only 20% get involved with chat or the forums(as per Coops' posts), that leaves about 400 available for trade. Then consider how many players logged in and divide that into 400 to get how many each have. If 100 players played in the past month, that averages out to 4 ROLF #2 each. And since a player needs 20 of them at least for an ITB, only those that have an ITB would be willing to part with them anyhow. That reduces the number available for trade even further. Outside of tremendous luck and gifts from established players, getting an ITB is cumbersome to say the least. It could take years. Make them buyable or tradable at Svens or something. I feel like my game is now on hold until I obtain 20 ROLF #2s as I need exotic resources for a PM ship that can only be obtained via the use of an ITB (or the GBM for dozens upon dozens of resources).
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

/Me Removes Developer hat

Gorkus,

I was tempted to leave this topic alone but your 'stab' at the game in general made me pick up my digital pen.

Have you considered that 'perhaps' there are other ways to get these hard to get items ? As with many things in CE there are often more than one way to get what you want. Also I think you are missing the point that it's 'not meant' to be easy. If it was a simple case of wandering up to a store and barter for some or buy them off an NPC it would be easy and there would be no challenge.

No one is forcing you to go in a direction, CE is a VERY VAST game, you have all the time in the world to 'collect & stash away' the items you want OVER TIME. It's not a race, there is no directive that states you must do this or you must do that.

/me puts Dev hat back on

As a Developer of Eleven years your post saddens me that you feel this way and disheartens me that you feel your game is on hold.

Perhaps someone reading this can sell him the items he wants and stop hoarding them for the sake of it.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Jager 602
CE Official Supporter

Post by Jager 602 »

I think that's a fun part of the uniqueness of core exiles. No one gets the exact same results, or has to go through the same exact mission lines and so on. Since I got my ITB, I have helped whenever I get a Rolf to trade them and I usually don't even ask for payment in return. I use the player ad section to see if anybody needs anything that I can provide and I will post there when I need something. I think the player ads are still very underutilized, though. Where do you want the Rolfs gorkus?
A plaque on both your horses.
Entropi

Post by Entropi »

Know how you feel Gorkus :!: In the same position myself. Only found 4 of the pesky beggars so far :cry:

Even tried using chaos theory but someone must have sneaked some order into the universe :!: Hope you find em soon ;)

Does anyone out there know whether one activity is better at getting ROLF drops than any other?
Jager 602
CE Official Supporter

Post by Jager 602 »

I found most of mine through mining. I don't know if there's another activity that finds them more quickly or more often though.
A plaque on both your horses.
Gorkus

Post by Gorkus »

Well, first I want to offer my apologies for coming on too strong. Please understand that while I may have taken a verbal stab at the game in regards to locating ROLFs, overall I find this game and the job that Coops (and anyone other devs I've never met) has done with it very remarkable. It is the fact that it is hard that attracts me. There is a caveat though, and this occurred when I thought a particular task was bordering on the impossible. As it turned out, I was mistaken. Two established players gave me 16 ROLFs within two days and another loaned me an ITB until I gathered the rest. Overall, the task was completed in short order thus making my OP off base. But not completely, as it could be argued that I was indeed the recipient of some extreme good luck. The fact that I frequent chat was the key. I still feel that many players will be hard pressed to find enough of these ROLF/DCFs etc. without the use of chat. One last note in my defense. It was said to me in chat that these items once dropped far more often than they do now, but the missions weren't altered accordingly. That bit, if true, did make me feel a little cheated as a newer player.