Location specific Chatrooms

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
saint

Location specific Chatrooms

Post by saint »

I'd really like to see chat developed more in the game.

I suggest we put pubs in the game and when you enter you are in a site specific chat room.
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Re: Location specific Chatrooms

Post by jcheung »

the full chat doesn't see enough traffic as it is xD

though i wouldn't be against something like this, it might get me flying around again, maybe
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Chat is not heavily used as is, so additional chat rooms won't help any. That pie needs to grow, not get sliced up even more.

So here's a thought, I don't know how feasible this is.
There used to be chat bots ( !whereis, !bar ) so perhaps there could be a new chat bot ( !giveaway )
Say once an hour, (randomly), it wakes up and speaks out a system name/promenade somewhere in the galaxies.
and (this needs coding in game) there could be a new icon in the upper right promenade area
(where secure store / bank / hanger / union /collection point are).
Once that site is advertised, captains have some time (15 minutes?) to dock there and click that icon.
They get a small reward (100 fuel, a mech pack, or some such).
This keeps people in chat waiting for giveaways, and hopefully drives people to move around
the universes to score those prizes.
saint

Post by saint »

It may not be the answer
but I can't help feel that one of the pieces missing that might attract a stronger following is the social elements.
Chat is kind of a pain as it is right now, at least for me, so it is rare when I use it for much.

If it were somehow possible to intergrate it into the main game in a better way, maybe even all the time for global chat and/or guild chat...

It can be lonely out there in the far reaches of space
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

maybe a local bulletin board?