schematic res CST

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
pikolinianita

Re: schematic res CST

Post by pikolinianita »

1) You can consider Cheap (relatively) "Crafting Token" and Expensive "RedMat 4 Crafting Token". If you ask me, The hardest craft is ECO-UPV, pretty cheap one.

2) Is trade part required? I could use token to simplify my craftings too, lol

3) What about "20x Token"? Or even "100x Token". could be useful for Mech, EBK, EDK, Matrices... That could hurt low level player business, though.
Lord Castellan Creed

Post by Lord Castellan Creed »

How about making the tokens something purchased through the VIP scheme?
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Still looking at this one from all the angles. Spent some time going over code changes required and also trying to see it from each players perspective. Also seen a few issues with how it could be 'used' as an exploit in a few cases. So whilst I'm all for a Token system, I'm struggling a little with 'the best way forward'.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

Crafters have to purchase a Token License (this "registers" the crafter with C.A.M.P. and allows them to conduct crafting services using the token method). This allows you some control over who can craft and build in Level, manufacturing and production skill, and monetary barriers.
Settlement level requirement? 6-7 Justification would be token crafting is much more complex than "normal" crafting and requires suitable building.
Which means: (Token Crafting Complex) Building is available to level 6(7) settlement with the appropriate specialization(s)?
Craftees - Token purchase required (should be suitably expensive - x times the amount of the schematics or resource cost? (or both)).
This gives you controls on both sides of the process.
Elkhorn
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Hmm... Maybe these "crafting tokens" could be a CE store exclusive item? Nothing expensive, of course, but since this would definitely be something that would not do anything but make things a little more comfortable for the player(s) involved (and they could still save the real money and transfer resources "by hand")...
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

Don't forget Festive Points. Purchasing a Crafty Crate should have some expense, but I think making it a real cash purchase would be a deterrent if they are consumed. Don't forget that CES purchases have to be fore enough money that the (rather significant) chunk taken out by the store financial system. If it's too cheap, Coops should not be expected to do this for 40 cent sales. If its too expensive, it will only be used by a handful of game whales.

I'll babble for a bit. I'm not one of the crafting titans, but I'm also competent enough that I've crafted my own settlement weapons. I'm seeing this from the "please build me" side, but I could fall on the "I can build" side.

So...

Festive Store: Crafting Containment Package
500 Festive Points.
CES store: £5 for 10-pack

This is a tradeable item, usually purchased by the requester. The price is such that it is accessible, but requires three days of voting for the game to pay for. Festive points are a resource limited by time (and CES purchases), rather than activity. Empty CCP's could be stored and even traded, but are ultimately single use.

When you go into the CCP's description, there is a button, "Open empty Crafting Containment Package for shipping". You receive a confirmation screen warning that this is a one-use item, and if accepting go to an inventory screen, with an entry for credits. At this point you can add anything. Personally, I would open it to all inventory types. If Misc loot can be added, then CCP's are useful for engineering. These could be used to give a player a bundle of ship/settlement equipment and credits. It's truly a generic shipping container.

When the CCP is loaded, the name becomes "Crafting Containment Package (Packed by [CaptainName])". The item description now has a button "Unpack Crafting Containment Package", and the description has a line in bold, "This item can only be opened on a settlement with a Commercial Storage facility." Clicking the button goes through a confirmation screen, and then a screen saying the items have been unpacked. The screen says that loot resources have been transferred to the local Commercial Storage, Loot and equipment have been moved to the local secure store or ships hold, and credits to the captain's account. At this point the CCP will be properly recycled by settlement maintenance drones, so Sally Langstrom can make new CCP's.

For the crafters, someone who gets random requests could then say "Send me a CCP with the resources to craft a Wondrous Whirligig, and include 500K credits." The CCP's would also be useful for other shipping needs, but cheap enough they would see use.

CES: Crafting Courier System
CES purchase, £15 per request slot

OK, this idea is a bit of a mess, would require a new page, and the purchase would be by the crafter, but I can see this being very useful.

On the View Resources menu, everyone would get a new menu item, "Crafting Courier System". The top half is Requestor slots. If you don't have any, you get a friendly note that these let you send craft supply requests to other people, and can be purchased via this helpfully provided link to the CES where youcan support the game.

The bottom half is your Requested slots. These are requests sent to you, so everyone has these. Each request shows the craft item build and number, so it would say "1 Hellhammer", the reduction matrix applied ("1 Hellhammer (RM2)") or padding +5% / +10% applied (get to that later), credits requested, a timeout of 10/20/30/40 days, and a text field for a brief note from the sending crafter. I would also have each request have the ship captain icon used by the sending player, just for visual effect.

For example, Captain Dragon could ask me to make her a Quantum Space R9. She would then get a new entry in her Requested slots, with my picture, saying "Crafting supply request from Captain akkamaddi. Crafting supplies for 1 Quantum Space R9 (RM4), and 0 Credits, which expires in 20 days, with the private note: Hi! Rabbits still chewing on couch. Will get this tomorrow after work." And the buttons "Open Request" and "Decline Request". Open Request will change to "Send Request" when full.

For the receiver, when they open the request, it goes to a new window. At the top is the same information above. Below that is an entry for credits added, and a button "Add credits from ship".

Next is a list of all resources needed for the craft indicated (with reduction matrix applied, if indicated by the sender). Each line has the button "add from local Commercial Store". When clicked, as many of that specified item are taken from the local settlement Commercial Store as possible, or enough to fill the requirement. When a given line is fulfilled, the line becomes gray and the button is disabled. Otherwise, the amount added is shown, so a player could go between settlements adding supplies for something rare, or something being accumulated by mining, combat, etc.

When the credits and supplies are fufilled, "Open Request" becomes "Send Request". The Request line disappears, and everything is sent.

If the Decline Request is used, which can only be done on a settlement with a Commercial Store, everything is emptied to the local Commercial Store, and credits to the ship.

For the crafter, Request slots (to be sent out) are purchased for £10 each (say, up to 10 active). The request slot is permanent and re-usable. Mid level crafters would get value from one or two slots, while the titans may have five to ten that are kept active. I would also suggest that if your CAMP faction hits the top level, you just get one Request slot for free. You have done enough crafting to earn it.

The request slots are mostly menu driven. Going down the list:

Request Send To: Add the captain name, with auto-complete, just as with messaging or trading.

Schematic: Using a Schematic browser, the crafter picks the schematic that will be the basis for the request. Multiple copies could be sent. So, a request could be for one complete player made ship, or twenty builds of Settlement SAP (Boron) 2K, or fifty builds of a combat drone.

Resource amount alteration: This defaults to zero, but has a pull-down menu: +10%/+5%/ 0 (default) /RM1/RM2/ RM3/RM4. This applies a reduction from a reduction matrix, or allows the crafter to pad the request with extra resources as part of the exchange. A crafter with an RM4 could charge +10% resources on the build, and the 30% resources could be part of the payment. The crafter could pass on the savings of his or her Reduction Matrix, or apply one step up to get 5% of the goods as a crafting bonus.

Credits: The crafter types the number of credits requested.
(Talas? Festive Points? Festive Tokens? CAMP Tokens? Ribbelz? Other forms payment could potentially be added.)

Send Resources To: This is a very important thing the recipient doesn't see. The crafter selects a settlement, and only settlements with a CSTS and a Crafting Facility are available. When the recipient fulfills the request and sends it, this is where the resources go. A bit more below.

Timeout: The crafter has a pull down menu to have the request time out after 10/20/30/40 days. When the time limit is reached, the crafter gets a note that "Request Slot 03 has timed out unfulfilled by Captain Badplayer, and is now available."

Text note: The crafter can type a short note to the recipient.

On timeouts and cancellation: The crafter's Request slots show that a slot is in use, with the information above. There is also a "Cancel Request" button, which requires confirmation, to immediately free up that slot. If a request times out, the slot also immediately frees up.

From the side of the captain receiving the request, the expired or canceled request turns red and says "CANCELED". The next time the player docks at ANY settlement with a Commercial Store, there is a screen at docking (like an Ashar/Wesbec shipment screen) saying "Request has ended. Unused stock moved to local Commercial Store", and credits to ship's bank." All of the goods then get dropped wherever they are, which could be an issue if there is no CSTS. If Coops is feeling nice, the auto-dump could require a CSTS. This is a little thorny. A crafter could really screw over a player asking for something large like a Genesis build, by causing tens of thousands of resources to get dumped someplace without a CSTS. On the other hand, if not abused, this gives the crafter leverage if the player becomes unfriendly. Ideally, the crafter would just send a message asking the player to cancel the shipment, and the player could handle this having everything dumped where the player chooses. On the flip side, if the player becomes inactive, the crafter can free up the slot and not have it held hostage for weeks.

If a player cancels the request, they get everything added back, and the crafter gets a message "Request Slot 04 declined by Captain Player".

On Completion: When the recipient adds all the requested resources and credits to the shipment and hits Send Request, a few things happen. The crafter gets a message "Request slot 02 has been fulfilled by Captain Goodplayer. Credits added to ship. Resources have arrived at SettlementName." The Crafting slot opens up immediately. Credits are added to the crafter's ship immediately. The resources are immediately transferred to the settlement specified in "Send Resources To" entry.

---

Yes, I know this is a bit complicated, and would be some work for Coops. However, I think the CCP's would be useful for any large shipments of any kind. People who craft infrequently could put the requirement of a CCP on the requester, and bundling payment becomes easy, be it credits, extra resources, or loot.

The Crafting Courier System would be much more work for Coops, and places the burden of purchase on the crafter, but also creates what is effectively a storefront. A crafter could choose to only take requests through the CCS. Shipments would be exact, as it's all based on the schematic. Payment would be exact. The request would come when everything is ready rather than "I'll have the Plasteel tomorrow and the Iron by Thursday and have you paid by Saturday...". The crafter can charge by resources, credits, Talas, and/or Ribbelz, as there has been so much clamor for a Ribbelz based economy. The needed resources would automatically be sent to a planet with a crafting facility and CSTS, which lets the crafter keep request resources separate from personal resources but send extra to the personal stash. The crafter could set a time limit appropriate for the request and personal patience. There would also be safeguards in place for requesting captains who become unhelpful or hostile or inert, plus a clean way for the requester to back out of the arrangement.
falconner

Post by falconner »

Love the crafting courier service,but doubt it will get added. as Coops has limited time on his hands.
Like your first idea too,though if schematic could be chosen and all the res taken from the CS it would be more useful rather than adding everything by hand.
falconner

Post by falconner »

Coops wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:21 pm I'm still quite liking the idea (even from DB strain POV) that we create a token system. (how you get those I've not thought of yet...

The idea being:

Player 1 wants Player 2 to craft him something - Player 1 has all the resource and a Token.

Player 1 uses the token (token consumed) to wrap all the resources into a Delivery crate. This is sealed with a special 'crafting seal'. He then sends that single tokens to player 2.

Player 2 receives the 'Delivery Chest' and goes to the crafting screen. Player 2 must own all the correct Schematics and meet the skills for the build. IF met Player 2 can hit the magic button and the chest opens and all the items are translated into the 'End Product'.

This system would be Far less clicks and two-and-fro on the system but would still use the resources required. Now I'm NOT saying this would become a norm lol. In fact, I'd see players only reserving this for large complex and annoying builds lol. (oh wait they are all large and annoying) lol.

I'd expect the Token to cost something that hurts or has real-world value.

There are a lot of variants and ways we could work this but that's a general ballpark idea....

thoughts... postcards, hate mail....

Coops
Combine the token idea with Akkamaddis packing idea and we may have a winner here

and +1 gorkus!