AI infested planets

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
STONE
CE Official Supporter

AI infested planets

Post by STONE »

Due to the recent uprise in AI activity some of our major resource planets have fallen to the AI's. Planets such as Toyilla in the Talsamar system and unless we do something about it those planets and our good friends and neighbors will remain in their control.
So I'm calling on all available captains to help exterminate this vermin from our systems especially around Toyilla in the Talsamar system before my extractors run out...oh wait I mean before they torture any more of our poor friends on Toyilla and the other worlds of our universe...STONE
Settlement Shenandoah, Sayet System V-P
"Brace yourself for immediate disintegration."
Achilleos
CE Official Supporter

Re: AI infested planets

Post by Achilleos »

Mmm, this AI is pretty new to me so how do we retake the planet ?, I too have an extractor on Toyilla that ends today - what happens to the extracted resources and extractor ?.
I've been fighting them both over Toyilla and in the Nebula - the ones over Toyilla just say waste of ammo, although you can still attack them the rewards are pitiful.
STONE
CE Official Supporter

Post by STONE »

Sorry about the vermin reference...i've already gotten chewed out by my ships AI but you outta hear some of the things he calls me.
I've been trying the same approaches and it stills seems like we're not having much effect in reducing their numbers. I was also wondering if one of those fancy R.O.R.I Service Pods would work under these conditions?
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

R.O.R.I
pod will help only if the extractor is still working the resources will be dump in local cs which you can qtd later .
pod is not traded and is account lock
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

When trying to get rid of the AI from a system it's the number of their ships destroyed not the value that really counts, however as there are only about 4.5 hours and 52.5 hours to go for STONE's extractors (the last two operating) I think his only hope is getting a R.O.R.I. pod from the CE store. Getting the resource out via a QTD pod could be done at any time.

Times based on 12:55 game time.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
STONE
CE Official Supporter

Post by STONE »

Captain,

This email is from Resource Management.

You had an Extractor on our Planet. This email is to inform you the resource has expired and in accordance with the Planetary Resource rules the Hopper was emptied and the contents confiscated. Your Extractor has been removed from said resource spot and placed in the local Collection Point.

In future we suggest you pay attention to the resource and remove your Extractor before the resource expires.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------looks like I got the standard reply...or the AI's have a sense of humor but its still about 3500 units down the drain...and more coming up.
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

and you can't get your extractor either
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

I have had instances were you cannot get to an Extractor like this etc, let me know Via Bug Track and I will move the items over for you. I cannot remove them from their locations whilst active, but if they terminate and are in the Collection Point I can move them for you.

there will be a 'few' players affected by this but that's the AI for you, unforgiving and unrelenting. Unlike me :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!