What happened to crystal market?

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Re: What happened to crystal market?

Post by Holiday »

jebrighton wrote:, I pick up about six a day while mining and cannot sell them. What is going on?
I'd say you answered your own question. basic economics apply to CE as for the most part it's a free market. if you find say 6 a day, then you could also assume others are finding the same amount. the supply has increased as more people play and can do multiple things successfully, throw in the fact that the demand has gone down because there are better alternatives to a lot of things which use to require crystals to craft and you have a deflated crystal market. in the real world when demand for an item goes down and the supply goes up the price drops, in CE people are still charging low supply high demand prices. a crystal isn't as valuable anymore, in a month's time I sold over 20 crystals, but I didn't charge over 200k for any of them, all but reds, and I'm by no means a miner. the only answer is sell at lower prices, or they need to become more rare to bring the price back up. but honestly, the prices for most of them is just silly, I'd never pay the listed prices I see for a grey crystal, and I don't think I've ever sold one for over 150k. the price has to be for one, lower then everyone else's, and for two, it has to be low enough to make it worth buying instead of finding them yourself.
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes