Certification question, salvage, and trying to get an answer from Coops

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Certification question, salvage, and trying to get an answer from Coops

Post by Akkamaddi »

Hi,

So, I've recently done a LOT of salvage. I got the standard salvage table up to level 7 in all areas, but now I'm spending a bit more time in PT just to take a short break.

I've noticed that salvage seems to ebb and flow. For a dozen or so pulls, I will do well, then for a dozen or so pulls, I'll get one or two resources. Ore in mining seems to do the same thing, so I figured it's just a simple pseudo-random generator in the game engine.

I also noticed that some areas seem to produce more resources than others. I would get more from Crew Quarters than the Ship Hold, and a couple others seems more bountiful.

Then, one of my certs was done, and I looked through them as I picked my second Alien cert. Two of the three areas where I would consistently get better results I had Certifications leveled up, and a third area where I had a Cert also did well.

And now, I'm wondering if I can get an answer from Coops: Do the Salvage (Area) Certifications improve your odds of getting a resource when salvaging?