Jumpdrive Navigator

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Gruntok
CE Official Supporter

Jumpdrive Navigator

Post by Gruntok »

Somehow, I always thought that the only use of a Jumpdrive Navigator was to have a quick list of systems to jump, but only if you had Trade or Passengers onboard.
Believing that was the case, I found no use for it, since I was proud of my own navigation and memory skills, to go anywhere I wanted to.
But a few days back, I went and bought a JDN out of a whim... and oh my surprise... there was a list of reachable systems, regardless of my mission status.
That was such a revelation! The insane amount of clicks I could have saved for so many years!
Combining this baby with any N.E.I. and I can get from central VP to far Furnace in about 6 clicks, top.

So, if like me, you think a JDN is just for missions, check it out and discover a new universe.

It is not just the clicks, it is the time. And when squeezing a profession booster, any second is gold!

Happy playing to all
Wiki Nut
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Re: Jumpdrive Navigator

Post by Sukayo »

hehe, yes. And even more when loaded with 60 passengers.
DecideForYourself

Post by DecideForYourself »

Sounds like it's actually worth the IP cost then!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

It was designed for the DEV's originally - so we could jump all over the Galaxy without having to have a memory like an elephant. As we progressed we decided to add it for players in varying forms :) We even added an Alien one :)

Short - YES very much worth it lol
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
SpaceBucks

Post by SpaceBucks »

I concur, Gruntok. It is a very useful device. I only wish it could be permanently installed.
It is a huge time saver, especially in Furnace, with one "jump" you can be clear across the map.