Ticker problem or bad luck?

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Gorkus

Ticker problem or bad luck?

Post by Gorkus »

This doesn't really require a response, I just wanted to share...

I woke up this morning, the morning of the WC, and had three festive token waiting for me when I first logged on to Core exiles. I played just a few minutes before I hit a festive period marker and got 2 more tokens. I then played for about 3.5-4 hours straight until the next period marker - from before the pre-game hype of Russia/SA, through the game and until well after the post-game review had ended. For all my actual efforts, I received just one token. It feels like I'm being rewarded for not playing more than playing. What gives?
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Ticker problem or bad luck?

Post by Coops »

The tickers run from 90 mins up to 4 hours at random. During the PREVIOUS period to a ticker being fired it will review your actions in the game and then choose rewards based on that and store them ready to be displayed the next time you either login or change pages.

The first time the ticker was fired it would have reviewed the PREVIOUS play session. It then held those rewards till the next time you logged in.

Hence you may get rewards in the middle of a play session or get some that were 'awarded and held for you' when you next log in.

Over the entire period its fair and works very well - nothing wrong just sometimes hard to fathom :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!