Questions about the Olympics

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
John Carter Barsoom

Questions about the Olympics

Post by John Carter Barsoom »

Hello Coops,

As a new member, I have a question about the Olympics.

At the Olympic Center (at Elmquae), I see a list of countries for which there are flags. They all have the same XP value (1000), and they all have the same CR value (5000). However, they each have a different number under the heading of "Score."

What does "Score" mean on the table of flags at the Olympic Centers?

Inquiringly yours,

John Carter Barsoom
pikolinianita

Re: Questions about the Olympics

Post by pikolinianita »

... Nothing, I guess. You get Olympic Bacons, and you drop Bacons (not flags) for fun (and some Xp/cr0). Just like athletes on olympics do it for fun ;) And country medal table is for fun too :)
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

The score is how the country is doing in the Olympic Beacon hand in the event. The more dropped off for a country the more it rises in the ranks to become the top country to win the CE Olympics.

From your point the more you drop off the more chance of a prize when we are all done and dusted :) Plus the other bits are XP and Credits for each drop off.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
John Carter Barsoom

Post by John Carter Barsoom »

Thank you, Coops, for your explanation!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Over the various ‘itterations’ of the Olympics a few things have changed. Mostly for the good lol. You will also have missed out (eaons ago, or at least thats how it feels) on the choice of Countries used in CE. Players were asked for a few week period to vote for the flags / countries they wanted adding.

These we added, as asking players to collect all 200+ olympic commitie flags would be plaion painful in the extreme. Also last year we switched to the ‘Play and be awarded Festive Items’ - the old system used to be finding them insiode loot. This was ‘ok’ but extremely hard to balance across all professions. It meant that some located loads whilst others struggled to complete tasks and challenges and spent all their time making trades.

The new festive loot system ensures that you revice loot (festive loot) based on just. ‘Playing’ - those that play more will get more. Seems fair as everyone gets some reguardless of their profession or actions in CE these days.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!