Pirate Raid salvage craziness

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Re: Pirate Raid salvage craziness

Post by Darakhoranon »

Hunbaba, what was your level again? ;)

My idea was NOT "turn raids into founts of ultra-rare resources", it was "add a (small) chance for some rare resources to raid salvaging".

Right now, salvaging raids is rather pointless, since you ONLY get resources you can get just as easily (if not even easier with much less work...) in other ways. It wouldn't and (here I agree with you) SHOULDN'T become a reliable source for rare resources, but would 50 units of Rhodenon among 50k units of the "common" stuff really change anything? Apart from the chance to get lucky and find a little "extra", that is...
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

A couple of things that I'd like to throw out here. COOPS works extremely hard to maintain game balance.There are several variables that go into each "profession" in the game. COOPS works to carefully balance fuel spent with xp, credits, loot earned. That being said he isn't above re-working a profession to create better balance as the game grows and new things are added.
A comment on the "And I agree with your dirt cheap remark. Go to the stats portal and check out the number of multi-BILLIONAIRES.
There are way too many credits floating around at the high levels, and some of that needs to be pushed down
to the low level captains who could use that money. Amazing how CE mirrors the global economy and has the same issues." remark.
Everyone makes the same mistake regarding "wealth" in the game and real life. If someone has a billion dollars he 1. took it from someone else and 2. is keeping someone else from earning money. Both are false precepts based on a closed system. I actually made a half billion credits WHILE I WAS NOT ACTIVELY PLAYING! I came back and my settlement had quietly been churning out credits!
I haven't fully explored all the buddies. Does anyone have a Salvage Buddy? Does it grant "extra" or "rare" loot?
Anyway, my two cents worth.
Elk
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Hi Elk:

re buddies: Aa far as I see, all the buddies grant a random chance drop of the entire drop table (sett, AI, alien, nebula, everything) .
I've got 4 atm. (combat, mining, salvage, and sett) although I haven't done salvaging in a while.

re dirt cheap loot: No mistake made, as I've never said anything about "taking from" or "depriving anyone" of credits.
I still believe that credits are far too easy to acquire, especially for high level players. Low to mid levels are always
chasing credits - whereas higher levels tend to have heaps of credits lying around and nowhere to spend them.
So anything that sends credits down to lower levels (such as selling rare loot from salvaging) is probably a good thing.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Read - re read and made some changes I felt were in line and did not over power the RAID Salvage, but at least made it more valued than it was.

http://community.core-exiles.com/viewto ... =32&t=2514

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Cool change :) I've even found Fresh Food for my pet!
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

More Valued ???!!!!!!!! HOLY CRIKEY!!!!!
And that pick 1-of-2 choice is just pure evil genius.
The first time I stared at the choice of 53 Higgillium Frags vs 16 Terovite Gas, tears came to my eyes......
Bullwyf

Post by Bullwyf »

Yeah, this change was pretty awesome. Thanks Coops!
Geistware

Post by Geistware »

I know this is an older post but let me add from a newbie perspective. Raids are a GREAT way for low level players to get great loot. One big problem is that the raids are so far away from where the new players are. I would recommend that at least half of the raids should be generated in the sphere. To go to the furnace and back takes 1500 units of fuel, THEN you have to salvage. Not good for a new player with a basic engine. The problem, IF ANY, has nothing to do with the loot table, battle and salvage mechanics, it is accessibility for lower level players.