DEV : Suggestions PLEASE!

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Coops
Site Admin

DEV : Suggestions PLEASE!

Post by Coops »

CE is RAPIDLY approaching 1,000,000,000 units of fuel burnt!

I spotted this morning the counter was up to 999,837,633 !! That's an amazing amount of fuel to be burnt from a game that started out with meagre intentions 11 years ago!

I was asked today what happens when we hit the big number?

So I thought I'd open this one up to you the community, the players of Core-Exiles. On our Tenths anniversary we held a staff run BBQ Party for a week giving away pretty much the kitchen sink (thanks Sirfoxey!) But I thought this time I'd ask you...

Feel free to let me know what you think...

Only don't take long!!! lol

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Geistware

Re: DEV : Suggestions PLEASE!

Post by Geistware »

Ideally the prizes should fit into two categories, Random and Earned. Earned prizes are given out be either captain level (XP) or fuel burned.
With the many changes, I can't suggest a good group of random prizes, but for the earned prizes I would recommend a particular number of skill points per Captain level on the day we reach 1 billion.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

For random prices, I suggest something like the buddies - a chance to get a small stash of (rare! ;-) ) resources every tick.

And there is always rare equipment, gemstones, U.A. minerals/metals...
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Lutes
CE Official Supporter
Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, UK (from Belfast originally)

Post by Lutes »

As it's a fuel related milestone howzabout some kind of fuel reward - could be measured against amount of fuel each player has burnt with a gamewide basic fuel reward for all players?
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Actually, I'd prefer something else - the amount of fuel in the fuel depot keeps on rising... Granted, I currently don't have the time to really burn the stuff, but still...
Maybe we can come up with something that would promote player interaction/cooperation? When Coops activated those A.I. messages, quite a few people worked together to compile those. So maybe something similar for this would be nice - and if we managed to e.g. put together the pieces of the "ancient treasure map" (TM), everyone would get a really nice reward.
Basically, what Lutes suggested (a basic reward for everyone and a much more substantial one if we WORKED for it)...
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

We passed the Billion Mark and I have started some celebrations with a Free Xmas Token to ALL active accounts on the server this morning and activated the Christmas Resource Token hand in - Read here : http://community.core-exiles.com/viewto ... =32&t=2486

I'll ponder on how to run celebrations through in to September today.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!