Missiles

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Re: Missiles

Post by Sukayo »

Nice to have Rexx here on missiles.

I used too missiles, but only the best ones. And it is a bit more fund to thing about what button to click.

But how was stated somewhere else, in the currect status missiles is like throwing resources/credits at the enemy. So the gain is below the investment, at leas for me atm.

A level 180 missile launcher, what should he have: Higher reilaibility, that is for me the main reason i do not use them now.
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

I should have also mentioned that Missiles usefulness takes a sharp decline after Level 80
SilverSun

Post by SilverSun »

Thanks for the input :)
Very cool... Very cool certainly.

Rexx, your input inspired me to think and watch and calculate.
I disagree with a emp rocket.. Cause basically you can stunn your enemy forever.

But what I find cool is the thought of fiddling with the HP of the enemy.

Currently enemies HP are very balanced. Like 33%/33%/33% shield, armor, hull. This fact, and this fact alone makes missile usage silly... As long as weapons are as strong as missiles.

So to effectively find an opponent that can offer THAT tactical advantage would be an interesting breakthrough for missile usage.
With a very freaky HP configuration missile use is interesting. Like... 20%,60%,20%...or even 60,30,10...

BUT! If we have access to the enemy ship defense primary attack... Well then it's too easy.

So, suggestion could be that the A.I. Ships are used for an "extremity test"...

We could suggest that the HP configuration of AI ships is extreme and not so balanced and" missile unfriendly"...
I find A.I.Ships hard to defeat. I would certainly invest IP and also cash if I KNEW that sometimes I can beat them with 4 shots instead of 14. :)

Yep! Very cool. :)
Golden Ribblez spotted studying helioseismology, with defrosted Fish Tacos eating Hilton, on Messor.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Rexx Shredd wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:03 am I should have also mentioned that Missiles usefulness takes a sharp decline after Level 80
Which means the "good" missiles (aka Soul Collectors) are only useful for a severly limited level range and situation - you'll need to be of a high enough level to equip/use them (IP cost), be fighting the "right" enemies (strong shields/armor and weak hull) for them to make sense and have enough money to keep chugging it at the enemy like this.

And that still leaves all the other missiles as a major waste of time, space and resources...
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

Darakhoranon wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:30 pm
Rexx Shredd wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:03 am I should have also mentioned that Missiles usefulness takes a sharp decline after Level 80
Which means the "good" missiles (aka Soul Collectors) are only useful for a severly limited level range and situation - you'll need to be of a high enough level to equip/use them (IP cost), be fighting the "right" enemies (strong shields/armor and weak hull) for them to make sense and have enough money to keep chugging it at the enemy like this.

And that still leaves all the other missiles as a major waste of time, space and resources...
Well, for me, the bottomline was: Once I had a gun that had (avg.) damage potential that exceeded the damage output of my best missile ( Soul Collector[T4]), it made no sense for me to keep using them, even for tactical reasons -- and this decline in usefulness will continue to decline as I level up and get better and better guns....I still have them, and would continue to use them if higher level missiles are implemented, but - at this point - I will IP reset if nothing changes

but between L50 - ~L80, they were fun :D
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

SilverSun wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:11 pm Thanks for the input :)
Very cool... Very cool certainly.

Rexx, your input inspired me to think and watch and calculate.
I disagree with a emp rocket.. Cause basically you can stunn your enemy forever.

But what I find cool is the thought of fiddling with the HP of the enemy.

Currently enemies HP are very balanced. Like 33%/33%/33% shield, armor, hull. This fact, and this fact alone makes missile usage silly... As long as weapons are as strong as missiles.

So to effectively find an opponent that can offer THAT tactical advantage would be an interesting breakthrough for missile usage.
With a very freaky HP configuration missile use is interesting. Like... 20%,60%,20%...or even 60,30,10...

BUT! If we have access to the enemy ship defense primary attack... Well then it's too easy.

So, suggestion could be that the A.I. Ships are used for an "extremity test"...

We could suggest that the HP configuration of AI ships is extreme and not so balanced and" missile unfriendly"...
I find A.I.Ships hard to defeat. I would certainly invest IP and also cash if I KNEW that sometimes I can beat them with 4 shots instead of 14. :)

Yep! Very cool. :)
Just throwing some ideas out there -- Maybe an EM can be implemented with a special Missile Launcher instead of the missile that has a 2%-5% chance of hitting -- Im a fan of games with Buffs/Debuffs so I always think in this frame of mind.......and, of course, I forgot to mention Id like to see Higher Level Missiles ( Ive been away awhile and not sure if there are new ones or not)
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Rexx Shredd wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:39 pm Well, for me, the bottomline was: Once I had a gun that had (avg.) damage potential that exceeded the damage output of my best missile ( Soul Collector[T4]), it made no sense for me to keep using them, even for tactical reasons -- and this decline in usefulness will continue to decline as I level up and get better and better guns....I still have them, and would continue to use them if higher level missiles are implemented, but - at this point - I will IP reset if nothing changes

but between L50 - ~L80, they were fun :D
Exactly. Missiles are fun/somewhat useful in a very specific and (relatively) narrow level range. Below that range, they're simply too expensive (credits are easy to come by, yes, but that doesn't mean you would actually waste it for very little or no return), while they're too weak for the levels above.

But what if they were an ADDITIONAL source of damage (i.e. actually fired in addition to your gun)? Even if this resulted in only a minor increase in firepower, it might still be worth it (e.g. an enemy you can only beat with luck could turn into a target that would actually be worth the effort)...
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.