Questions

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
SilverSun

Questions

Post by SilverSun »

Well, I can't seem to enter the chat...just doesn't load on my phone. :-/

I hope it's ok that I ask a question here, cause it's really frustrating me...I just don't understand.

It seems like when I do combat without shields in LAW 11 with a big gun, then I blast away enemies that only drop my 1/3 XP, but much much more valuable loot, then if I fight enemies with shields in LAW 9.

Fighting enemies with shields is way more expensive to repair and the fight will take a long time longer. Even though I read somewhere that loot is random, I must say...it's not true. :)

Here my question:
"If the loot is random, then do different ships carry different loot? And if yes, which ships carry the good stuff? "

I rather attack a challenge. More fun, but the loot value they drop is like dry bread compared to the "easy to kills".
I really don't understand why a battle that takes a lot more to repair and also playing time...pays worse. Oh, and I'm not talking about the bounty...that's bad anyway, either way, always.

I'm talking about the loot...in law 11 I get cubes almost every battle without using shields. In law 9 using shields I almost never get a cube. Normal? What am I doing wrong? Different ships, different loot?
Golden Ribblez spotted studying helioseismology, with defrosted Fish Tacos eating Hilton, on Messor.
pikolinianita

Re: Questions

Post by pikolinianita »

Chat - pehaps for phone you need discord app... Never used chat on phone.

Never fought on ll11 with current Combat system, so I made all examples, I hope you get general idea.

Different Ship classes have different loots (there is over 20 loot classes). you can expect that "Wanted" ships wil give you different loot than "Garbage collectors", and Renegades drop different type od loot, and so on. In one loot class you can have 50 or even more different resources, so plenty room for randomnes.

Which Ships give you good stuff? hmm, viewtopic.php?t=1031 is best list I know.

Also, loot fields 2 and 4 gives same loot for each Ship, so if you spotted Cubes there - pure luck.

For finding good stuff loot into GBM, some resources have really nice prices (fresh fruits plates, perhaps :) )
SilverSun

Post by SilverSun »

Cool tnx for the answer. :)

Yes I'm feeding the GBM...but, I must say, my loot is just stacking up in the wear house. I do achieve good prices at the GBM...but only for a few things. But most of it is just stacking up. Was wondering if I should get some out and sell it to joes again instead. But yeah, what if somebody needs them right after I did that. :))
I got some kiosks now, they are selling quite a bit.

Another question. :)

Is there a "favorites" list of the goods needed in the GBM? (Fruit plater obviously) Or do I just need to gain experience and figure it out.
Like.. all those public cubes, or all the rifles and hand guns that are stacking up. Will anyone ever need them? Or are there a few things that I certainly can just sell to joes now. Need cash. :-/ lol

Oh, another question. :))
What about all those items players are selling that are classified as "rare loot". Are they safe to buy and use? Or will they blow up in my face? :))
And do they exists for players below lvl 30?

Tnx for helping. :)
Appreciate it.
Golden Ribblez spotted studying helioseismology, with defrosted Fish Tacos eating Hilton, on Messor.
XPLODE

Post by XPLODE »

Everything is useful, levelling is more important then getting rich.
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Don't worry about storing stuff, there is no cost to stockpiling resources that aren't in demand.

However, realize that like 50% of all the loot items are "fillers" that is, low demand resources.
That stuff gets needed occasionally but will not make you rich.

High prices on the GBM (and pleas on the buy/sell forums) are where you locate the in-demand resources.
And as piko mentions above, the spreadsheet helps you figure which ship types/classes to go after to get it.

As for "rare loot", that is random-drop stuff which is usually "better" than similar gear at that level.
It won't blow up, don't worry about that. Biggest concern is getting the level and skill points to use the stuff.
Check their stats carefully before buying one. Not sure about under-level-30 stuff, I haven't seen that.
SilverSun

Post by SilverSun »

Tnx for the answers. :)
Very cool.

Now that I am aware of the different loot from different ship types and classes the game has changed positively for me again.
I understand what I was doing...those mining frigates didnt shoot back very hard, and dropped a lot of XP...and loot I don't find valuable, not so into minerals currently. Soon I guess. Tnx to all for helping solve that, and also to everybody who helped to create that spreadsheet. :)

Indeed, regarding the GBM I start understanding the prices now, and the demand, and why players set certain prices, at least "Tech Mall prices". Step by step.
Still I riddle about those fresh fruit platers, lol ...(don't tell me! ...gonna figure it out, if you tell me now, I might never sell one again) :) lol

Some more questions. :)

What about buying and selling to generate income on the GBM. Is that frowned upon by other players?

And... I bought a CES Mall in the festive office, but never got it. Where do I pick it up? Who do I contact?

And... Is there always so much free fuel in the game, or is it just the November festive? (Should I save fuel, or should I burn it and lvl up faster?)

... questions that I can't find any answers to.
tnx in advance for helping guys. Cool. :)
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

re: fresh fruit platters - yes keep on selling them!!!!! But you should get at least 30,000 apiece for them.

re: GBM - not frowned upon, but you'll need both the GBM and eventually a Emporium store for best sales potential.
You'll find theres a lot of competition out there, so profit margins are lower than you might think.

re: CES Mall - check your ship store/misc tab. If its missing, send a PM to Coops or contact a staffer in chat.

re: fuel: well, theres a LOT of giveaways during this season. It will dry up eventually but most all holidays
and special events (World Cup/Olympics/etc) have some giveaways. Unless you have a bio-5 engine (store purchase)
you will likely run low on fuel eventually - but remember the daily voting, which gives you some fuel. And there are
facebook/twitter pokes every so often for more free stuff. And as you level up, stuff like Ship Crew and Corporations
will open up, those use bio-fuel also, which is just more incentive to buy that bio-5 engine sooner rather than later.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

CES mall are in mall, not misc, but purchase is processed by Coops (dev) by hand (UK office hours, whotever it means)
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

Discord app works perfect on mobile devices .....