Thoughts on....

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Hunbaba

Re: Thoughts on....

Post by Hunbaba »

Imho if you are starting to plan fuel usage again, corporations are doing exactly what they are supposed to ;)

Edit: on topic
Expanse ship modules and even ships themselves are pretty much the way everyone expected things to go. Some of us opted to go heavy in normal ships. Others might be patiently waiting for them to be added.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Hunbaba wrote:Imho if you are starting to plan fuel usage again, corporations are doing exactly what they are supposed to ;)
No more current plans on my part. (Just for clarity) :)
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

To sum up my input, I think I'd love more choice. Now, It is easy to choose wchich modules/pimps I'd like for New Ship (gethering resources is another thing, lol). would be nice to have some dilemmas (should I sacrifice Cargo for more Actions in Combat?).
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

If player want to use some of Ship special powers He will have to do some work for Alien Community. If player increase Alien rating by 1000 he can use Special bonuses for one day (alien gives him special codes, or something).
Or, for each positive action in Expanse Player/Ship gets "Special" points, which decay over time like (-5%/day). If points on ship fell below Threshold - some bonuses are disabled. If points are Very high - bonuses are doubled...
Lord Orion

Post by Lord Orion »

Well, something completely crazy (though I probably won't be able to do it for a long time since I not that far ahead in the game) :
MINING :D

There are different types of combats, different types of salvage and there is mining... Sure there are harvesters, but those are more like extractors (for which there are different things as well).

I was thinking of something different for mining. One idea would be a towing system (Clamp and engine add on, some extra fuel spent):
You would find asteroids with the right size/configuration and check for info on the asteroid (just gives an idea of what you might get) and then decide if it was worth to tow it. Towing could be done to any system that could process the asteroid, resulting in an high pay (has to pay for the voyage fuel and extra fuel spent) of assorted resources or even new ones.

Processing the asteroid might requires some skills, which would mean that players might need to work together to cash on the asteroid (one to carry, one to process).

Skills and equip might depend on the type of asteroid found, and the payout may be dependent also on the skill and even on the place where the drop is made (some asteroids might pay more on a further away place, it may or not be worth it).

The easiest asteroid to process could be simply ice and give plenty of water LOL (it is still a useful thing and it could pay out).

A fun twist would be to have the processing being done from Guild, since guilds could use some more functionalities though I'm not sure if this one is the right one for guilds.

Could also be coupled with corporations, but I'm not there yet, so I really can't say if it is a good coupling.

EDIT: Even if it is not something for Expanse ships and modules could be an idea for another extension, just though that aliens might have other ways of mining :D
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Infinite/increased ribblez capacitor :P