Thoughts on....

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Coops
Site Admin

Thoughts on....

Post by Coops »

Now we have the potential for Ship Manufacturing centers in the Expanse.... What would you guys think about adding some Alien Modules for Player Made Ships. Of course you'd need an SMC in the Expanse to add these modules but would allow for an expansion of the PM ship system.

Thoughts and suggestions on the back of this post....

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Bebeb
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: Thoughts on....

Post by Bebeb »

i think it would be a given that Alien flavoured or reverse engineered versions of the modules should be possible.
If you find yourself stuck ASK for help
Yogan
CE Official Supporter

Post by Yogan »

I too would like to see Alien flavored mods and chassis from expanse shipbuilding.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Like! Like! Like!

I'd love such modules, however I guess that will be as expensive as whole settlemnts, lol
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

i wait for them ... now what will they bring?
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Coops wrote:
Thoughts and suggestions on the back of this post....

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Suggestions? Valorean doors built in, lol. And bonuses to alien Skills, lol. And ability to hire Alien crew/send crew to Expanse. And some NPC/generic missions for Alien Ship Only :).
And ability to install Alien modules (and normal ones, perhaps with some modications. Now it is:
Com Module 1 (Com Primary Module(...), Com Secondary Module(...)).
In Alien Ship you would need :
Hybrid COM 1 Module ( Com Module Stuff (Com Primary Module(...), Com Secondary Module(...)); Hybrid Module Interface (Lots of Alien modules))

Ah, Alien modules:
  1. If you set Ship levels in range 150-190 you can use many suggestion about strange pods, with negative values here or there, as Ship stats would be higher, and less diverse in general. (eg: Alien Combat: Cargo--; HP++; Energy++; Alien Haul (HP--; Energy--; Cargo++)
  2. Also Module(s) with Additional Pod Point(s). Perhaps one cheap, Festive store module with one Pod Point, and CE store with 2 points, and player can double this amount with pimps...
  3. Build in certain Pods: Aurora, Babylon, etc. (Cannot use original Pods ofc)
  4. Better Scanners, +1-6 to Results in Combat/Salvage scanners.
  5. Ability to use Alien Factories/Drones/Extractors etc. Festive module can control 1 Alien Industry Item, CE store 2, could be doubled by Pimps. Why are Alien Indys better than normal? It is another Question, lol
  6. Superior Computer - Increased Settlement/Corporation Research Ouput when docked in own Sett/Corp HQ.
Back to Alien Ships
  1. Crazy idea: Twin Ship: Replace Shield slot with Cargo expander, but double fuel use in Jump travels...
  2. General remark: I don't like CE Multirole ships, which are better than Haulers and combatatnts. I'd like to see Alien Ships as either Combat or Haul, If multirole, then less suited to hauling than hauler... So please give us Ultimate Hauler or Ultimate Combatant, not Ultimate Both :)
  3. Few more surveys per day or +1 Exploration drone per location
more to come?
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

7. Advanced Scanners Again: increased chance for finding MISC/items during Combat/Mining/Salvage(former third/fourth window loot)
8. ROLF module: increased number of Combat Actions, Shield regens, drones and re-rolls :) +1 from module, bonus +1 from Pimp.
samudra

Post by samudra »

Alien Combat Module :

Module for using critical hits weapon in Expanse
Module to have 1 more action point, so 4 in total
Don't underestimate our sniper just because his nose is long..
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

twin engine jet :P like france or Russian then usa single base p;)
I mean 2 engine if possible as now lot of fuel is spend in corp crew level ups and other activity .

so if engine could not be increase perhaps some module which can increase fuel boost for engine .
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.