Combat education - Where?

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Paarthurnax

Combat education - Where?

Post by Paarthurnax »

I am not able to find information on Combat. My search does not seem to come up with the info. I am seeking.

Am looking for info on: AI Individual combat and Expanse. Is there some historical info. somewhere or ?

Looking for Gear needs and ship advice. I am lvl 43 atm so Not looking for the high end / high level stuff. ;)
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Re: Combat education - Where?

Post by Sukayo »

Expanse combat - when you really like to get a good result, phased shields, best gun you can get, lot of matrixes.

IMO level 43 is a bit low for reasonable results in the Expanse, when your are able to handle LL 7 in the Sphere, than it is time to check how it goes in the Sphere.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Expanse:
Do: Phased Shields (other almost don't work); Aurora Pods, Messiah turrets, use retreat button often, have a lot of HP(non Shields) - a lot of Shield piercing weapons,
Don't: Hammer reactors and Targetting modules (don't work), wait for VP weapon overload (doesn't happen), aim at Scientific

AI
Do: AI Coalition Scanner in weapon slot 2
other things doesn't change

Comment: for low-to-medium levels PM ships is recommended (HP!), but there is very little valuable things to find on Alien Ships nowadays. Unless you do Salavge, which require lvl 60 (in expanse, ofc)
Comment 2: some location in Furnace have very easy AI places.
1 Cor 134

Post by 1 Cor 134 »

Can you explain what LL7 means?
Bebeb
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Bebeb »

Law Level 7, the law level found at specific locations in systems, planets, star-bases, asteroid fields and the like.
There are often variations of Law Levels in a system.
If you find yourself stuck ASK for help
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

LL7 means Law Level 7. Each location ingame (sett/planet/asteroid field/nebula) has a Tech Level (TL) and Law Level (LL).

Normally both of these run from 0 up to 12 (but up to Tech 18 in Expanse I think).
Tech level indicates level of sophistication of that location, the higher the TL, the better the gear is available.
This generally affects stores (what items they will offer for sale) and crafting (all schematics have TL requirements).

Law level affects combat, and indicates the "difficulty" of each location for combat.
Law level 12 is easy, with LL0 being the toughest. Its suspected this also affects what loot you may get as well.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

MarcSp wrote:Its suspected this also affects what loot you may get as well.
Not likely, after Combat changes (in a straight way. On the other hand, you can't find certain kinds of enemies in too low/high Law Levels, so certain loot could be excluded/hard to find in certain LL).

Note: you find different enemies in different galaxies, so LL7 in Furnace could be harder than LL7 in Sphere, for example. And Expanse is very different, no comparison between it and other galaxies.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

And i mean in my post, manage LL 7 in the Sphere, after that check combat in Expanse ;).
Achilleos
CE Official Supporter

Post by Achilleos »

On the subject of combat education, its a fairly new experience for me in the game and I'm looking for any advice on where / how to start finding some of the rare combat loot resources as I never seem to get anything worthwhile.
MY current combat configuration is shown below and I generally do combat in Law Level 4 zones
Armour 5508 / Hull 6160 / Shield ( Phased ) 11210
Energy Weapon damage 1349-1619 , Messiah Turret Type 6 , Wreck HC Laser (Class A) V2
Highlighter Scan HL4 , Argo Salvage Scanner R1
Combat Drone Revision 3.

I'm level 106 and I have 242942 Skill points available to use although anything better than I currently have seems to be way over my level.

Any advice will be much appreciated
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Achilleos wrote:On the subject of combat education, its a fairly new experience for me in the game and I'm looking for any advice on where / how to start finding some of the rare combat loot resources as I never seem to get anything worthwhile.
Here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1031 . There are twenty something "loot tables", each ship ( I mean same name, class, affiliation, tonnage, etc) belongs to one of those. usually ship with same class/affiliation have same "loot table", but there could be exceptions.
Achilleos wrote:MY current combat configuration is shown below and I generally do combat in Law Level 4 zones
Armour 5508 / Hull 6160 / Shield ( Phased ) 11210
Energy Weapon damage 1349-1619 , Messiah Turret Type 6 , Wreck HC Laser (Class A) V2
Highlighter Scan HL4 , Argo Salvage Scanner R1
Combat Drone Revision 3.
0) Combat Loot Maximizer is A MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1)Having Salvage gear installed is good choice for Salvager, but mistake if you are after certain Ship. you can always change Combat to Slavage gear, no need to use both same time.
2) 6x messiah 1 gives better output than 1x messiah 6 (same pod points, but more slots required)
3) My setup Is Best Possible Gun (Option: AI scanner in weapon 2 slot), Passive array 4, HL scanner 4, Scanner Suite 4 (Or 3x threat detector. Or 3x commercial tracker). I don't use targetting modules if I look for certain loot. But can be handy for NPC missions, when you have to take on hard targets.

Combat Drones - I don't use it, they took precious loot re-rolls
Shield - with similar Hull/Armour - I prefer no Shield. You get same loot amount at any Loot Levels. I prefer little less XP per combat (And shorter combats) than use (expensive) shield EBK.