Combat education - Where?

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Achilleos
CE Official Supporter

Re: Combat education - Where?

Post by Achilleos »

Thanks pikolinianita - Ive upgraded to threat detector MK4 and a threat detector MK3 and also invested in the Combat Loot maximiser CE5.
But are you saying that the rarer loot is based on ship type rather than law levels and difficulty in the actual kill ( green / yellow / red ) etc ?
Shinter
Retired Staff

Post by Shinter »

Achilleos wrote:But are you saying that the rarer loot is based on ship type rather than law levels and difficulty in the actual kill ( green / yellow / red ) etc ?
Yes. Threat level will affect the XP and credits you are awarded, but loot is tied to ship type. Since I only do combat for the loot, not the XP or faction ranks, I tend to aim for greener targets to kill more quickly and still get all the loot. But to each their own ;)
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Shinter wrote:Yes. Threat level will affect the XP and credits you are awarded, but loot is tied to ship type. Since I only do combat for the loot, not the XP or faction ranks, I tend to aim for greener targets to kill more quickly and still get all the loot. But to each their own ;)
I tend to target ships i can kill without much risk, but large ones, I don't like 100 XP per kill ships, lol. Also XP you get depends on target threat, but also your threat rating.

On the other hand, Yellow targets are faster to kill than Reds, but some Reds are easier to kill. Why? Threat ratting is calculated as sum of HP (Hull + Armour + Shields) and Gun Damage. But Real Combat Strength is closer to HP multiplied by Gun Damage. So Ships with relatively low HP, High Gun are powerfull, but yellow threat, and Ships with Huge HP and tiny gun are safe to kill, but deep red (and rewarding in XP).
This is also clue to your Ship configuration. Put Best Possible Gun, but try to have as low HP as is safe.
Lost Queen

Post by Lost Queen »

: )

I have a question on threat rating. The GFO rates a mission as a threat level XX, is that an average threat rating of all the different ships of the type I'm supposed to hunt, or does the GFO mission generator just pick one ship and whatever it's threat rating is is the missions?

: )
: ) It could be worse. : )
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

@Lost Queen: I am afraid nobody can give a definite answer. IMO it is one type, and if you are lucky the worst type. I use this for my missions in Furnace.
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

It picks one ship.