Removing Corporations?

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Coops
Site Admin

Removing Corporations?

Post by Coops »

I figured as we have a little time I would ask how YOU think we should handle removing / shutting Corporations for lack of payment / inactivity.

We have seen a lot of corporations founded since they were released. Some of you are excelling in playing them and nurturing your corporation on to greater and greater levels. Unlocking new research and options as you go.

Some failed 'EPIC' to read the primer and just grabbed an license and office and then were lost in a sea of WTF?

Some planned ahead (after reading) and have license but have not yet founded your first office. So these corps have no incoming daily bills and are NOT using a Corp Slot.

But...

Existing Corp Rule: Should your Corp slip into Negative funding or be unable to pay its daily costs you will 'LOSE' access to your Corporate Contract Offices. You will then need to add funds to the Corp Bank to regain access.

We currently have Three Corps in this position and some are amassing some tidy bills.

So we have a decision to make about 'wrapping up' a Corporation that is using a Corp Slot on a promenade office and is failing to pay its daily bills. How long do we let this continue and when we decide that, what do we do about it.

We don't want in a years time to have 100 slots used by dead inactive players with bills amount to millions.

Personally I think 90 days of inactivity with outstanding invoice to the Corporation should flag a wrap up on the next maintenance run.

This would wipe the Corp from the game, remove all corp items, remove the corp faculties and remove the corp from the Slot it resides in on the promenade office. If we want to be nice, return any buildings fitted in slots to the owner. Then deduct the final outstanding bill from their live account.

That's ME ;)

Whats your thoughts... (and before anyone asks, no we are not auctioning off Corps) :)
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Paarthurnax

Re: Removing Corporations?

Post by Paarthurnax »

Sounds reasonable to me.
XPLODE

Post by XPLODE »

Public auction for everything!

Liquidate for debt payment.
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

xplode stole the words out of my mouth, would put everything other than the crew up for auction to the highest bidder :lol:

but more realistically, what you have listed seems more than fair to me.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Coops wrote: Whats your thoughts... (and before anyone asks, no we are not auctioning off Corps) :)
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
XPLODE

Post by XPLODE »

Hold them and then give them out as prizes one building at a time during events.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

I'd add "wrap up" button, for those who bought Corp by accident. player would have to remove all buildings to use it (kind of fail safe)
5hortpants
CE Official Supporter

Post by 5hortpants »

Heya Coops!

I am fully in support of your 90 day expiration, and all outstanding charges should definitely be debited from the player's ship account. If you have mercy and put their components in their storage, they should be grateful. Remember, the kind thing is the right thing!

Thinking outside the box for a moment, I seem to remember something about the Hitchhiker's Guide Corporation's offices (from the book) being an enormous office building that occupied an entire planet. It was also completely empty and abandoned. That seemed prophetic of this Corporation issue... What if abandoned Corporations were moved to a distant, otherwise empty planet in a far corner of Furnace? They could be claimed after completing an onerous mission line for a nasty NPC. In fact, all our abandoned equipment (extractors, malls, etc) could be handled that way!

That's not a realistic suggestion- just a dream I dreamed. The wrap up is fine (just not as fun!)

5hortpants
Oryuken

Post by Oryuken »

Sounds like a plan to me.
Red Dragon Enterprises
Akairyu Dome, Palalon, Sphere: Home of Lady Mariko's House of 1000 Pleasures
Ginryu Dome, Hammer, The Forge: Home of Red Dragon Tours