Help us help you

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Slurmewerds
CE Official Supporter

Re: Help us help you

Post by Slurmewerds »

My first attempt at creating a page of anything. Ever
http://docs.core-exiles.co.uk/index.php ... anders#top
I'm not sure if the page is rendering properly. I'm always on a smart phone and the first paragraph looks weird. But hey, it only took me 3 hours to make lol
Gruntok
CE Official Supporter

Post by Gruntok »

Hi folks. These last weeks were a bit too busy for my liking in RL, and made me stuck with letter P. But fear not! I'll be back with renewed strengths to tackle them all!
Cheers
Wiki Nut
Shinter
Retired Staff

Post by Shinter »

A simple idea, but one that shows up, with much confusion, frequently in chat:

How to get items out of Commercial Storage. The difference between the "View All" button showing your full list of CS items, vs the "View All" button that must be clicked when INSIDE of CS to actually see the things you have stored there. Too many "View Alls" make things much more confusing than they need to be! (and I'm too lazy to make this page myself :D )
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Perhaps a suggestion or two (in a separate thread) - on how to word these buttons or place them 'better '? Might help.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Bebeb
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Bebeb »

While speaking to a first day player he asked if the differences between the energy and kinetic weapons be added to the FAQ.
Could put something in for plasma also.
If you find yourself stuck ASK for help
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

There ARE differences between kinetic and energy weapons?!? ;-)

Not counting salvage lasers/drills and the skill costs, of course, there is absolutely no difference, and there definitely is no point in taking one or the other skill because of any advantage it would give you in combat...

Which in my opinion basically translates into "ever and always take energy weapons skill unless you know the game very well and are absolutely sure you never want to salvage a raid if you ever get the chance" (since as far as I remember there are only raid-salvage lasers, i.e. energy weapons).
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

to add some kinetic pro: with less IP used you can get a higher skill, so also more damage in kinetic.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Quality Finish Vulcan Cannon Kinetic 1 199 291 407 679
Hybrid Dual Meson Energy 1 192 287 402 998

Odin Array Revision 2 RA-126 Energy 1 300 555 620 1729 (energy requirement reduced by 9%)
Bel-Starr Torrent Rev 4 RA-127 Kinetic 1 285 482 602 2000 (damage increased by 7%)

You CAN get more damage, yes. If you find the right weapon... ;-)
I don't consider a mere 975 skill points difference in the second example to be a valid argument for or against either weapon skill (it might add up over time, but will it ever be really noticeable?).

Anyway, before we completely derail the topic, maybe the main thing that should be added to the info about kinetic and energy weapons is that there is very little actual difference - it effectively comes down to taste (a few more skill points vs the option to salvage raid wrecks), NOT any actual major effect on your gameplay.
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

RAID and Alien derelicts (however there is plasma option for them too)
Bebeb
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Bebeb »

Jeepers we are talking about a below level 5 player darakhoranon, not a level 60 plus player, by then players will likely have changed weapon type at least once.

At level 5 and below the energy required for an energy weapon leaves you will little energy left for anything else, most need to choose a weapon type before they get to level 5 which means they cannot even fit a reactor (assuming they had the credits for one) at that level. Skill cost at this level is also a big issue.
Hence my request.

Bebeb
If you find yourself stuck ASK for help